Need help with Brand as a Kog

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aria Sachou

08-12-2011

I play Kog maw, the squishiest of squishy ranged carries. (I know... I'm supposed to die ez under Heavy nukes, but I'm usually in long ranged, so thats why: ASKog ftw)
And I have a serious problem fighting against Brand.
In lane it is ok, I can dodge his shots no problem. But I need help in teamfights.
He seems to have so much of a presence in teamfights and he can dish out so much damage in such little time. Not to mention he doesn't have to be close to use his spells.
To me hes like a long ranged annie with a tinsy bit less damage.

I build mres, but anyone know how i can counter him? (Play style wise, not buildwise, I melt him ez)
Please help

For Trynd, melting him is no problem, I also stay as far as I can away from him. But there is one problem he poses to me. In a teamfight, smart trynds will ignore the team and spin into me. He ultis if hes low, and I die, then my team loses about 20% of their damage output.
As a kog I always carry Exhaust and flash, but sometimes I have to fight with them on CD.
I always get armor when fighting trynm but it never seems to be enough Help plz? My damage is useless when he has his ulti.

zChip

08-12-2011

I've found that most of the time AD carries are getting shot down by AP because of their positioning.

You should be at the furthest edge of the teamfight namely because 1. You're an AD ranged carry, and 2. You're Kog'Maw
For Brand to reach you, he should have to run through your entire team, or at least your tank.

Try keeping your distance and using Void Ooze to force him to take at least 3-4 seconds to get in casting range.

Also, a common problem with AD carries is knowing when to join a teamfight.
Try waiting until Brand has popped his ult or at least his Pillar to know that it's on CD when you jump in.

Aria Sachou

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zChip View Post
I've found that most of the time AD carries are getting shot down by AP because of their positioning.

You should be at the furthest edge of the teamfight namely because 1. You're an AD ranged carry, and 2. You're Kog'Maw
For Brand to reach you, he should have to run through your entire team, or at least your tank.

Try keeping your distance and using Void Ooze to force him to take at least 3-4 seconds to get in casting range.

Also, a common problem with AD carries is knowing when to join a teamfight.
Try waiting until Brand has popped his ult or at least his Pillar to know that it's on CD when you jump in.
Yea I forgot to add that in, if i get caught in a bad position I'm done for.
Which also i want to add in another point.

zChip

08-12-2011

You're Kog'Maw, the notoriously slow AD carry. You have absolutely no escapes apart from your summoners.

You need to depend on your team a lot for Kog.
Players that dive for you are playing how they should be.
Your team is not, by not protecting you.

That's all there is to it.