[Guide] Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus (The Teamwrecker)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

05-31-2010

Hey, sorry I haven't had the opportunity to comment lately, been on vacation and still am for another week.

Let me just say this in regards to Nasus vs Mord... Mord is clearly a much stronger early game champ... probably one of the best in the game. I recently played in a soloque as Nasus and my team was getting steamrolled and feeding the enemy Mord. He had gotten to 7-0 and we were a few towers down and my team was wanting to surrender. Unfortunately I had been completely ignored and allowed to farm. I had a score of 0-0 and finally took out my lanes tower.

All it took was for me to turn around 1 team battle and gain the confidence of my team to turn this game around. It really illustrated the dwindling potential of Mord late game and the boundless potential of Nasus. I asked my team to just ignore Mord in the team battle, stay by my ultimate, and focus whoever I wither. With a maxed spirit fire, lvl 11 ult, boots, sheen, aegis, banshee's that I had farmed up, and some decent team work, the team fights went from chaotic pwnings of our team to raging sandstorms of doom resulting in us pushing down their lanes.

Simply put Nasus brings a lot more to the team than the early game wreckage of Mord.

I will start looking into recording or streaming some games to better demonstrate how effective Nasus can be for some of the doubters.

Dagoknight

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post

I will start looking into recording or streaming some games to better demonstrate how effective Nasus can be for some of the doubters.
It would be great

War on Drugs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

Quote:
Definately. This would be greatly appreciated mate. Thanks.

Hyfe

06-04-2010

I've been out of town for the past week and will continue to be until next Monday, so it will be a little bit before I get the whole recording thing figured out.

This will be the first time I've attempted to record game footage, so if anyone has tips/advice, be sure to let me know!

Also, I decided to take down the bulk of the guide here because I was finding it increasingly difficult to keep up-to-date. The entire guide can still be found on leaguecraft. I really hope this doesn't affect anyone too much.

Hyfe

06-08-2010

Hey guys and gals...

I installed fraps and am ready to do some recording to get some footage to supplement the guide, but was hoping for some inputs as far as what people would like to see.

I figured the early laning phase would be the first thing I hit on so folks can get a feel for how to properly last hit with SS, control the lane with SF, etc etc. Then maybe some team battles, warding and early baron, etc. I'm not sure what exactly would be helpful/interesting to people.

If you have any interest in seeing Nasus footage to improve your play or just for fun, hit me up with ideas!

Thank ya!

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Hey Hyfe, I have a challenge for you.

There are a few people out there that believe that Nasus really isn't a tank, but "a beefy DPS". My guess is that they've only played baddies, but I dunno. Would it be possible for you to definitively show them that he can really fit the role of a tank?

I have enough fun wrecking teams as Nasus. Why would I trade survivability for the glory of a carry?

nutnibbler

06-08-2010

if you havent noticed theres a new skin in the player queue for nasus. I really liked your guide btw nice strat for all sorts of situations, well thought out and put together, ty.

MeditationError

06-08-2010

Quote:
Not trying to sound like an ass, but I find it a little off-putting to have a guide that I spent several days writing called a "90% copy" because I use the same items and runes as another player.
Your guide is fantastic. The stuff on last-hitting under towers has improved almost every character I play, and yours is the only guide I've found that discusses 1v2 at all.

Thank you for your effort - well done!

I'm looking forwards to the fraps stuff. I'd personally love to see some 1v2 action, and how you initiate with Nasus. It seems like there should be more to it than just wading in with your ult

Hyfe

06-09-2010

Here's my very first attempt... they'll get better I promise. Feedback welcome.

I know the in-game volume is too loud, I'll work on that in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdBmiNMfiY

Edit: Note that this is not an optimal laning phase, it was just the very first attempt at recording in a real game and I went with it.

Stoned Rabbit

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
Hey Hyfe, I have a challenge for you.

There are a few people out there that believe that Nasus really isn't a tank, but "a beefy DPS". My guess is that they've only played baddies, but I dunno. Would it be possible for you to definitively show them that he can really fit the role of a tank?

I have enough fun wrecking teams as Nasus. Why would I trade survivability for the glory of a carry?
Nasus isn't a tank. At least not in the sense of alistar/shen/amumu/etc. He has no way of initiating fights other than ghosting in with ult on and withering a carry... and then getting focused and dying in 2 seconds. He's an off-tank that happens to do ridiculous dps.

He accomplishes this by coming in after the tank initiates, popping ult, withering the carry, and then killing the squishiest character. You will then be focused alot, allowing everyone else to do their job a lot easier, and when you can run in and kill someone. I believe this is the primary role of nasus and it's one that this build does beautifully. Build for survivability cuz the other team is gonna be scared of you. His ult does ******ed damage and SS alone with no items other than sheen can hit for 800 lategame on like a 2 second cooldown coupled with the best single-target disable in the game makes nasus scary as balls and anyone who says otherwise is ******ed.

However, nasus does have his problems. He's very much a late-game hero. Before lvl 11 he can't really do anything in a teamfight, so the easiest way to shut him down is coincidentally the most common thing nowadays, start grouping earlier and ganking/teamfighting before nasus truly hits his potential. But if you can survive through this you will start raping faces.