[Guide] Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus (The Teamwrecker)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RocketSlug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Great guide. Nasus is currently on my rotation of champions to learn. Greatly appreciated the reasoning behind not taking Tiamat and Soul Shroud. I was considering testing them out. Soul shroud in particular because I feel like I'm so limited by SS's long-ish cooldown in the early levels.

xXDARKLORDBANEXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

great guide, you should try my playstyle: It is 80% like yours. PM me

AnAnarchist

05-13-2010

Nice guide but that said its 90% a copy of Messiahs... you should at least give credit.

Hyfe

05-13-2010

I'll concede that the runes and core item build are the same because I truly feel it's the best way to play Nasus. However, I level my skills differently, my summoner spells are different, and masteries are different to reflect summoner spell choices. I'd also like to think I did a little more in this monstrosity of a guide in terms of thousands of words detailing use of spells, item choice reasoning and alternatives, play style, strategies, etc. than simply copying someone else's guide because I use the same items. I suppose I can credit the item build that is generally accepted by virtually all top ELO Nasus players to Messiah if you feel it's necessary though.

Not trying to sound like an ass, but I find it a little off-putting to have a guide that I spent several days writing called a "90% copy" because I use the same items and runes as another player.

Edit: Props given to Messiah in the intro. Sorry I couldn't be more original.

roninsm

05-13-2010

The value in this guide is in the extensive section on playstyle, which Messiah's guide does not have. I understand why people point to it as the "standard" for Nasus guides, but the fact is that it's lacking in a lot of ways. It's the same reason I wrote my guide.

cutyohairfoo

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Thanks, ronin. I appreciate that, because I know you know a thing or two about Nasus.

Once again no changes to Nasus this patch. Must be a testament to his versatility and balance.
Man, I can't even recall the last time they changed Nasus. I think it's been several months? Not that he needs a change.

LuckyRodge

05-14-2010

I don't consider myself an experianced player in the least, but this guide makes me feel less like a newb. Nasus was my first ip investment and I haven't regreted my decision, but after reading this guide it makes me feel even better. I tend to agree with almost everything in your guide, although I play a bit more dps oriented then your build but overall I give two thumbs up.

YoonieDaCutie

05-14-2010

No fair. Why do people diss my TF for levelling WC but are perfectly okay with Nasus levelling SF ):

Not that I disagree with your skill build, SF should always be maxed first. I'd go with Q/W/E/E/E though, unless my lane's really really being pushed at like Level 2. The W at 2 tends to provide better utility than 1 level of E.

As far as itemization goes...you might want to consider starting out with Mana Crystal + 2 HP pots and picking up Strength of Spirit mastery. It's a solid way to speed up your item acquiring speed, especially if your last-hit prowess is not up to par (when I say you, I don't mean *you*, but whoever's trying to use this guide). This allows you to get Sheen by 6 almost for sure.

Expanding upon the previous point, Sheen at 6 (with Boots 1 and 2 HP pots preferably) allows you to take out Dragon comfortably. This of course has its risks, but if you find a good time to do it, it's very rewarding.

goldpenguin77

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
The value in this guide is in the extensive section on playstyle, which Messiah's guide does not have. I understand why people point to it as the "standard" for Nasus guides, but the fact is that it's lacking in a lot of ways. It's the same reason I wrote my guide.
agreed. This guide is great because he's really put some time into explaining everything into it.

DayInTheSun

05-14-2010

The worst part of the learning curve about Nasus is how to play him properly. Sure you can just have a guide that says "Here are my runes, masteries and items, now go kill stuff", but a lot of people don't really know what to do with him at various stages of the game because he's such a dynamic champion that does a lot of things very well. This guide helps walk you through what to expect out of Nasus as the game progresses.