[Guide] Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus (The Teamwrecker)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sser

05-11-2010

Sheen and Trinity Force proc off a champ's base damage, not his total running AD at that point. So 80% of 116. This is why Sheen is a great early item because it effectively doubles early-game damage; however it loses luster in the late game (but still adds a nice boost).

Hyfe

05-11-2010

I realize it is based off of base damage not total AD, so items etc are not taken into consideration. However I seem to recall a lengthy discussion and testing where it was determined the SS damage factors in. I guess I'll have to re-test tonight.

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

Quote:
- Thornmail - The bane of a DPSers existence. If their team has loads of feisty stabby jerks like Yi, Kat, WW et all
i'm surprised nobody pinted that out yet, but good luck trying to defend with a thornmail vs kat. 80% of damage she does is magical, even more for ap build

other than that this guide is ok, though it's nothing different from messiah's guide.

i disagree on one thing only - aegis. it's so much worse now, it's not worth buying

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrrZ View Post
i disagree on one thing only - aegis. it's so much worse now, it's not worth buying
I think Aegis is still worth buying, since it combines all the goodies of basic defense: HP, Armor, MR. Actually iirc Aegis is better for the owner now, even though the aura got the nerf.

If the opponents are smart enough to not target you and just go straight for your squishy teammates (okay maybe stupid?), then yeah Aegis wouldn't be such a hot deal. On that note, it's probably not a good idea to get Aegis if the other team is generally sturdy in survivability and are able to go past you and ignore you.

MBirk

05-11-2010

Someone on the team pretty much must have aegis. Now, exactly who depends entirely on the team.
Good for nasus, but taric/sivir/alistar would be the choice over him, if they are on the team.

And I double checked sheen.
It does not scale with SS.

Tested at various levels.
But,
101 base+110 SS base+96(SS stack)+81 sheen=388. Dealing 376 vs big wolf. 97% damage that corresponds to the 101-97 white hit on the big wolf.
Additionally, a crit dealt 473. Which was 101basex2, +110SS+96SSstack+81 sheen. 489x.97=474 observed. SS damage can't crit. I was mistaken on that myself.

I don't know if ult +damage can crit. It does not add to your char sheet. so i would suspect no.

Hyfe

05-11-2010

Thanks for the testing MBirk. Clearly I was grossly exaggerating sheen's bonus damage due to having read in various threads that sheen counts the SS bonus damage, and the fact that my SS damage output is so high. I suppose this is more due to good SS last hitting.

As far as crits, only the base damage gets the crit bonus, not the SS bonus damage or the sheen proc damage. Kind of disappointing.

@ Trzz: Thanks for pointing that out, I must not have been thinking very clearly when I typed that.

And I still think Aegis is a very solid item. Even better in a solo queue now as it benefits the holder more, and everyone knows no one else matters in a solo queue.

Sorry you think the guide is nothing special, any recommendations on how to make it better or more informative?

DayInTheSun

05-11-2010

Needs moar Phantom Dancers and Infinity Edges pl0x!

Hyfe

05-11-2010

LOL, I think you mean 6 bloodthirsters FTW

roninsm

05-11-2010

I approve of this guide. Well written.

Hyfe

05-12-2010

Thanks, ronin. I appreciate that, because I know you know a thing or two about Nasus.

Once again no changes to Nasus this patch. Must be a testament to his versatility and balance.