Hecarim - Looking for build input

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serin33

05-02-2012

So far my favorite way to build Hecarim is ae / semi tanky. My goal is to be able to initiate, stand in the middle of the opposing team while pretending to be Fiddlestick's ult and survive. I'm looking for any tips/items suggestions that might help.

I'm trying to build:
Early single target dps.
Mid armor/mr/hp.
Late ae dps.

So I've been building as a core:

Boots of Speed + 3 pots
Sheen
Mercury's Treads
Spirit Visage
Sunfire Cape

Hecarim's early damage is pretty pathetic vs a single target before 9. The early Sheen gets me in the 1vs1 game. Then the rest net me 700 hp, armor/mr in the 130-150 range(with flat armor/mr per level runes), Tenacity, 15% increase to all my self healing and a start on some solid ae dps with 10% CDR and Sunfire Cape's burn. Its only 6,620 gold and has been working very well.

From here is where I haven't got a solid plan. I've got two free item slots to build based on what I'm up against and still haven't decided what reds/quints I prefer.

If I run armor pen reds and quints I've been going Brutilizer>Ghostblade after the core. I like having the extra 15% CDR, it lowers q's cooldown to 1 second after the warm up. Its not a huge increase in anything but over all it seems to do well. If the game lasts long enough I've finished off the Trinity Force, and picked up an IE last. Makes for some decent single target dps and nice over all bonus to the stats, good crit chance.

I've also tried going a bit more hybrid and getting a Rageblade/Hextech Gunblade/Trinity Force. It was solid, the extra spell vamp/life steal was nice but not really needed for sustain.

When I go flat ad reds and quints I pick up a Last Whisper after the core. I don't want to pick up a Ghostblade in this case, but there aren't many other AD CDR options. So I need to find another 15% CDR. I then just flounder around between Bloodthirster or Maw. I also wonder if I should sell the sheen at this point and get more ad for q spam. I really like the extra ad at the start of the game but I haven't figured out where to go with it.

If the enemy team has an abundance of ad/ignite/exhaust I've also gotten ninja tabi / QSS instead of Merc Treads. Its worked out ok if they don't have a ton of cc.

I use this build no matter what spot I play with him solo top/jungle/duo bot with ghost and ignite/smite. If I don't feed pre Sheen I usually do really well through mid game. Its a bit fragile to jungle with against any counter jungle but still workable. If anyone can help with my late game I'd appreciate it.

Testicle Ketchup

05-02-2012

I build hecarim as a quite tanky, and nearly impossible to kill champion. I am very mobile, and have damage output that cannot be ignored. Onto the build. . .

For my build, I get Merc's Treads first. (starting with boots, 2 health pots and 1 mana pot). As the game progresses, I assess my lane opponents (since I will need to counter-build them first). If they have ad, I build Glacial shroud first. If they have ap, I build Hexdrinker. If they have both, I assess who's doing better and pick from the previous choices.

At this point, I grab sheen. No matter what. I need the damage by now, and it provides that. Mana is also no longer a problem because of both Sheen's and Glacial Shroud's mana provisions. Now, I check again. AD or AP? Which is more of a problem? AD - I build into Frozen Heart. AP - I build into Maw of Malmortious. If I'm doing well myself and nobody is really hitting me hard, I rush Trinity Force. Maw and Frozen Heart are still included in my late-game build.

To recap; Merc treads first, then either glacial shroud or hexdrinker. Then sheen. Then finish the one (out of glacial shroud and hexdrinker) that was not previously finished. Build these into their higher forms; maw and frozen heart. You should now have merc treads, maw of malmortious, frozen heart and trinity force. You are a force to be reckoned with, and it is 25 minutes into the game, give or take.

At this point, if I'm doing well, I just build bloodthirster (this, coupled with your W during a teamfight, makes you literally un-killable, you just...heal back everything, while not even taking very much damage) and phantom dancer. Move speed will be at 472 (no influence from runes/masteries at all), your damage will be over 300, your attack speed will be ~1.3. 2.5k + health, and 200ish armor, 150ish magic resist. Awesome.

If I'm not doing so hot, I throw on thornmail and force of nature. I choose FoN simply because it gives a slight damage boost (because of move speed) on top of the magic resist. If I just need the magic resist, not more armor, I grab Frozen Mallet. If makes you incredibly tanky, gives a bit more damage, and makes it impossible for you to be escaped from.

Hope this helps! I play Hecarim quite often and am yet to have a bad game by following this guide. Feel free to ask questions/whatever else.

Thanks for reading!

TL;DR - Build merc's treads, then glacial shroud or hexdrinker. Grab sheen before finishing maw/frozen heart. Finish trinity force. Grab more defense (thornmail/force of nature) if doing badly. Grab bloodthirster/phantom dancer if doing well.

BOT32

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serin33 View Post
So far my favorite way to build Hecarim is ae / semi tanky. My goal is to be able to initiate, stand in the middle of the opposing team while pretending to be Fiddlestick's ult and survive. I'm looking for any tips/items suggestions that might help.

I'm trying to build:
Early single target dps.
Mid armor/mr/hp.
Late ae dps.

So I've been building as a core:

Boots of Speed + 3 pots
Sheen
Mercury's Treads
Spirit Visage
Sunfire Cape

Hecarim's early damage is pretty pathetic vs a single target before 9. The early Sheen gets me in the 1vs1 game. Then the rest net me 700 hp, armor/mr in the 130-150 range(with flat armor/mr per level runes), Tenacity, 15% increase to all my self healing and a start on some solid ae dps with 10% CDR and Sunfire Cape's burn. Its only 6,620 gold and has been working very well.

From here is where I haven't got a solid plan. I've got two free item slots to build based on what I'm up against and still haven't decided what reds/quints I prefer.

If I run armor pen reds and quints I've been going Brutilizer>Ghostblade after the core. I like having the extra 15% CDR, it lowers q's cooldown to 1 second after the warm up. Its not a huge increase in anything but over all it seems to do well. If the game lasts long enough I've finished off the Trinity Force, and picked up an IE last. Makes for some decent single target dps and nice over all bonus to the stats, good crit chance.

I've also tried going a bit more hybrid and getting a Rageblade/Hextech Gunblade/Trinity Force. It was solid, the extra spell vamp/life steal was nice but not really needed for sustain.

When I go flat ad reds and quints I pick up a Last Whisper after the core. I don't want to pick up a Ghostblade in this case, but there aren't many other AD CDR options. So I need to find another 15% CDR. I then just flounder around between Bloodthirster or Maw. I also wonder if I should sell the sheen at this point and get more ad for q spam. I really like the extra ad at the start of the game but I haven't figured out where to go with it.

If the enemy team has an abundance of ad/ignite/exhaust I've also gotten ninja tabi / QSS instead of Merc Treads. Its worked out ok if they don't have a ton of cc.

I use this build no matter what spot I play with him solo top/jungle/duo bot with ghost and ignite/smite. If I don't feed pre Sheen I usually do really well through mid game. Its a bit fragile to jungle with against any counter jungle but still workable. If anyone can help with my late game I'd appreciate it.
if you want to be a semi fiddles then i would recomend a hybred build for his W there are quite a few of them but to be able to stand in the middle of a opposing team tank wise hec isnt built that way... yes you can make him tanky with items but his abilities are not built around him tanking anything for too long hence he has no taunt and his ulti fears enemies away from hec.. imo he's best as a tanky dps
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post23432694
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=hecarim
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=hecarim

are a few guides on this site you might look at

Lazaek

05-03-2012

I've never had a problem with Hecarim doing low damage early game. There are a few champs who are better at straight duking it out at lvl1, like a GangPlank with Dorans, for example (passive slow +dmg)

Also, try getting your stacks of Rampage up before fighting. A 2sec Q at lower levels is much better than Q, wait 4 seconds, Q, wait 3 seconds, etc. while you otherwise just auto attack depending on what level/other abilities you have unlocked.

Lastly, *especially* on lower level fights, Ghost is your friend. You get AD when it's up for 10 seconds, which can very easily change the course of a fight.

Honver

05-09-2012

Drop the cape, go Trinity->Atma