Is panth worth buying ATM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crazyal

08-12-2011

now im not looking for a fistful of rape, i just want a decently solid, fun to play champ.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

Not particularly, no. He's always been pretty bad unless you can get super hardcore fed. They lowered the effectiveness of that. Most recent patch looks like a buff, but was actually a nerf to everything but his ultimate.

crazyal

08-12-2011

hmm, thanks for the input, ill wait for the next patch and see where that puts him

zChip

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
Not particularly, no. He's always been pretty bad unless you can get super hardcore fed. They lowered the effectiveness of that. Most recent patch looks like a buff, but was actually a nerf to everything but his ultimate.
I beg to differ.

I played Panth during F2P before the patch and I bought him recently (post-patch).
I have to say: he's fun.

I haven't tried him out in Ranked yet, but he does just fine in Normals.

I made an entire description of why he's viable, but it got so long I'm just going to make a new thread.

ASYLUM101

08-12-2011

Get flad AD runes.

Buy a dorans blade or a longsword (for brut). With 1.4 scaling on spear shot, you can start with around 30 extra damage on Q (10 from runes, 3 from masteries, 10 from sword = 23 + 40% = ~33 damage.) A long range, targeted skill that deals 90 damage every 4 seconds...is kinda strong.

Heart seeker strike? WAS useless, complete trash. Now? Same situation as above...13+60% of your AD bonus ( 33 ) and you're talking around 13+16 damage hits...double damage on champs thats not 29, but closer to 60 damage, 3 strikes each, easy 180 damage for a .75 sec channel.

Stack some more AD on him early game, asap. another longsword, brut, last whisper, and max HSS right away, lane with someone who has CC or solo mid. Stun + a HSS is quite deadly in terms of numbers, though I haven't tried it personally - my own successful build on him was a TROLL build the other day, for the lolz. I kept getting focused in lane so I went atmogs with a chalice for MR... finished that game something like 11/3.