Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I really like Skarner but.... his ultimate has a problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salafar

08-12-2011

I was playing a match with Skarner and I was about to die when Wukong used Cyclone....
I tried to counter it with my ultimate, because I thought it supressed the target therefore canceling his ult... but he just kept going and killed me.

I really want to figure out if this is a bug or Riot made it like that.

Please help me.

Well thanks for the help I just think they should fix that because if you play Skarner then that's a huge problem against Wukong.

N0vaFlame

08-12-2011

Wukong's ult isn't channeled. it's not a problem with skarner. any other cc wouldn't interrupt it either.

DesertHavok

Recruiter

08-12-2011

Actually last night I ulted someone, I just don't remember who and it cancelled out within like a second so I know something must cancel it out... Unless I was just drowsy and accidentally hit one of my other hot keys.

idioSyncr4zy

08-12-2011

Wukong's ult is not a channel. You can tell because he can move. Only a channel would have been cancelled (Kat ult, Fiddle ult while he's casting (not when it's all KAWKAWKAW!) MF ult). Similar powers to Wukongs ult that will not be cancelled are Kennen's ult, Garen's spin to win, Morg ult, Noct fear, etc.

ReaverKing

08-12-2011

Skarner's Ult is affected by tenacity right? So wouldn't Mercs still knock like 2 seconds off it?

Zeetermin

08-12-2011

Quote:
ReaverKing:
Skarner's Ult is affected by tenacity right? So wouldn't Mercs still knock like 2 seconds off it?

It's a 1.5second stun, that means with tenacity, you actually GET half a second if he ults you.. Awesome.

But seriously, it just cuts it down to like 1 or 1.20 or so seconds

xGvPx

08-12-2011

You ult'd monkey king and he killed skarner because monkey king's ult kept going? That's sorta funny, heh. Well, live and learn. If it makes you feel better, I tried to headbutt a cho'gath away with alistar once, but cho'gath's feast applies before a headbutt, so cho'gath killed alistar before the headbutt had any chance of pushing cho'gath back ;D.

I'd assume garen is going to be the same as monkey king if you try to skarner ult garen during his spin move. I guess just learn the details and know who you can ult. To me, skarner's ult is lazy programming. I thought it would actually impale a champ and swing them, hehe.

Putzfrau

08-12-2011

Quote:
Zeetermin:
It's a 1.5second stun, that means with tenacity, you actually GET half a second if he ults you.. Awesome.

But seriously, it just cuts it down to like 1 or 1.20 or so seconds

its a suppress and it is NOT affected by tenacity. it can be QSS'd tho (i assume, every other suppress can).

it's 1.5 seconds always. no matter what. unless you die before the duration i suppose...

kavinh the third

08-12-2011

dunno if it's connected but in a wukong vs wukong fight one of them ulted after the other was already in the middle of using their ult kicked him into the air but he was still spinning same thing happened with morgana and alistar when they cced him with either a bind or a pummel he was still spinning in the air.

Putzfrau

08-12-2011

wukong's ult isn't channeled, he casts it and it stays up until it ends.