Mordekaiser Is Presently the Most Un-Balanced Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karsius

08-12-2011

Plain and simple: Why is Mordekaiser the only champion allowed to dish out INSANE damage when he is built as a PURE tank? If I was Riot, which I'm not, but if I was, I would STRONGLY consider giving Mordekaiser a SOLID nerf. Otherwise you'll have a whole bunch of balanced tanks, and then Mordekaiser who can EASILY 1v1 any champion in the game and come out with more than 90% health. I thought Mordekaiser was a tank, not an AP nuke who is still a tank.

sehakoziel

08-12-2011

The only argument against him being a tank is that he doesn't have cc. Which of course is stupid, because all he has to do is get Rylai's and perma slow like half the enemy team while nuking harder than most other 'tanks'.

Dmon55

08-12-2011

Because he's pubstomping you. Like every champion, if he gets fed, you will do bad.

But i agree, it can get a bit ridiculous at times.

Agamentium

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehakoziel View Post
The only argument against him being a tank is that he doesn't have cc. Which of course is stupid, because all he has to do is get Rylai's and perma slow like half the enemy team while nuking harder than most other 'tanks'.
And you know, his horrible base stats.

Karsius

08-12-2011

I'm talking about before he even gets his first kill or assist, he can dish out more damage and take more damage than virtually any other champion, period. Any other champion can only either A: Dish out a ton of damage or B: Take a ton of damage, Mordekaiser is the only champion who can do both, at any point in the game. Would it be too devastating to nerf his damage output but adjust his damage to shield ratio so that he still makes the same amount of shield as he used to?

HornySpooner

08-12-2011

Have u seen his stats? HP, Spells, and Attack dmg are all the same and above par.. his difficulty? Easy..

he is not a tank he is a bruiser aka tanky dps.... you look at irelia or renekton and I could say the same thing.. except for those characters it takes skill to get fed, with morde its pretty easy.. and when tanky dps' are fed then you're in a world of pain.. but please don't try to single out morde here.. If irelia gets farmed or if she gets fed, she can outdo morde every single way.. she has cc she has burst dmg and she's impossible to kill... So don't talk about morde when most other champs are like that already

Agamentium

08-12-2011

I have never ever ever been bursted by a morde in the laning phase. The best he can do is harass with his 1 skill. Not sure what you mean about him doing more damage than any other champion.

Sokar468

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

Mordekaiser can be very discouraging to lane against as a squishy mage or AD carry in solo mid. The cases in which Morde outlaned me in solo mid is when he started with boots. He has the speed to dash in, press the button that nails everything in front of him, and he rips off a good chunk of your health while last hitting minions and building a shield. I have to play back against solo mid Morde to avoid the cone AoE. It's irritating.

However, I am hesitant to call a champion with a dominant solo mid OP ont hat basis alone. Caitlyn can have a potentially dominant solo mid, as well as, oh, Cassiopeia (!) or Vlad, but none of them are OP. When it comes to team fights, I don't fight Morde much of a threat unless he can use Children of the Grave to get a super minion pet, which is a big threat to your tower.

Herby20

08-12-2011

Morde, like Yi and Tryn, is often a "op" champ in the eyes of less experienced players. The thing about Mord is always pushing. If you have a jungler he becomes, essentially, free kills because he is always overextended and has no escape. As you get better you will quickly learn that he isn't all that great, and the ways of harassing him if you play a ranged champion or how to attack him as melee.

Catalysa

08-12-2011

Well, the Morde shield is the biggest issue; he can fill it up too quickly with a small amount of effort.