Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Force of Nature or Banshee's Veil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrotherCaine

08-15-2011

I consider the choice to be a simple one:

If you want to avoid crowd control take Banshee's veil
If you would rather be crowd controled by the enemy in place of your allies take Force of Nature + Tenacity.

For true tanks, and even offtanks the job is to make yourself attractive options for mage cooldowns. Don't get Banshee veils on True Tanks. Its a judgement call for bruisers.

Noric

08-15-2011

One of the things to consider is how much hp you have without your MR item. Atma's is a common item(for tanky dps) and FoN gets a good boost from large amounts of hp as well. So if I don't get near 3k hp before MR item then i tend to get banshees, but if i have more FoN seems like a good choice.

axesandspears

08-16-2011

FoN is great for tanks and champions with high health or magic resistance already. The problem with banshee's veil is that it is very reliant on a bubble that competent players will be sure to break before ulting/initiating and using other abilities. Personally, I think that depending on the other team, it is better for a dps to get Omen and then possibly a FoN for their tank items.
GA is another option.

The obvious problem with this is that 2 tank items are expensive to build and dps are very loathe to commit any slots to non-damage stuff.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

08-16-2011

Quote:
Raithfyre:
Just wondering: Does Banshee's Veil protect from abilities that damage more than once? Like GP or MF's ults. Does it just block the first one or could you run through the whole thing with impunity?

It would block the first hit. If the spell/skill actually hits multiple times (GP ult, MF ult, Ryze spell flux, Fiddle dark wind) then it will block the first to hit you.

On topic, every time I need MR on a carry/caster, I grab Banshee (usually because I also need an anti CC). If I'm playing a tank, FoN is much more preferred. I can't think of a Rumble game where I didn't get FoN cause the other team always had hard magic. The HP regen is so much fun to have when you escape with 4 HP :3

Mezogog

08-16-2011

FoN is one of my favorite items. All that regen and MR and movement speed on a tank? Awesome. Pair it with a Warmog's for insane HP regen. The only time you'll have to go back to base is for mana rather than HP.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

08-16-2011

Quote:
Mezogog:
FoN is one of my favorite items. All that regen and MR and movement speed on a tank? Awesome. Pair it with a Warmog's for insane HP regen. The only time you'll have to go back to base is for mana rather than HP.

Rumble/Mundo, mate.