Force of Nature or Banshee's Veil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rythven

08-12-2011

I'm losing hope on Banshee's Veil. I mainly play off-tanks/melee champions, and I find that the bubble is burst even before the teamfight starts. Should I get FoN instead? It's cheaper and better for actual MR and health regen, and gives movement speed. Why should I not get this for my melee chemps instead?

DarkenDragon

08-12-2011

FoN is great for Dot/spammy ability type champions, and if your health is fairly high. while banshee's veil is for single shot heavy nukers. that shield is only gonna be good for 1 or 2 abilities in a team fight, so only count on the bubble to help save you from the inital shot which is usually a stun or some other type of CC.

it all depends on the enemy composition and how your gonna be attacking them,

if your not an initiator, chances are the enemy wont be popping all their effects on you so you wont need the banshee veil but a FoN instead for aoe damage and spam shots. while if you are, you'll want that banshee veil so that at least 1 of the CC effects will be wasted on your inital attack which will help protect the rest of your team

Rythven

08-12-2011

Sounds good to me, I take more sustained damage so I'm gonna roll with the FoN.

Claricorp

08-12-2011

Banshees is particularly good at buffing up a squishy champions health, or helping out a champion who has a channeled ultimate from being crowd controlled

Si11yPutty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

The speed boost from FON can help you avoid skillshots, not a huge deal but it's notable as a comparison to BV.

Glyphz

08-13-2011

I think banshees is better, even though it has 20 ish less MR, you get 375 HP which helps vs magic and physical dmg, in the end helping you a lot.

Unless you're morde.. get FoN on morde always

aRchiBole

08-13-2011

Banshies veil counters certain initiations too well, ashe arrows/malphite ults/taric stun etc you rly want bv when there team is spam and non got to have X spell to initiate go fon.

trancepticom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
FoN is great for Dot/spammy ability type champions, and if your health is fairly high. while banshee's veil is for single shot heavy nukers. that shield is only gonna be good for 1 or 2 abilities in a team fight, so only count on the bubble to help save you from the inital shot which is usually a stun or some other type of CC.

it all depends on the enemy composition and how your gonna be attacking them,

if your not an initiator, chances are the enemy wont be popping all their effects on you so you wont need the banshee veil but a FoN instead for aoe damage and spam shots. while if you are, you'll want that banshee veil so that at least 1 of the CC effects will be wasted on your inital attack which will help protect the rest of your team
this is a great explanation as to why banshees veil is not always a great choice for tanks or initiators, since they will get hit by almost everything the opposing team has once or twice by the time the team fight is over. FoN is better for taking sustained damage, and gives you movement speed as well as regen to allow you to get out and escape somewhere to regen before popping back in.

fyi endgame or even midgame, the regen on Fon will basically cancel out ignite

z0r

08-14-2011

I prefer Force of Nature by a large margin playing as Singed- I only get Banshee's Veil extremely late in the game, and only if their magic damage is through the roof. The speed and health regeneration bonuses are much nicer than the health/mana ones. If you have Banshee's Veil they'll usually just try to delay the fight until the shield is down and then initiate. Whereas with Force of Nature, you just shrug it off and regenerate your health in no time flat.

Raithfyre

08-15-2011

Just wondering: Does Banshee's Veil protect from abilities that damage more than once? Like GP or MF's ults. Does it just block the first one or could you run through the whole thing with impunity?