How well is Ryze balanced?

Far Too Powerful 24 17.27%
Slightly Too Powerful 56 40.29%
Well Balanced 42 30.22%
Slightly Underpowered 13 9.35%
Far Underpowered 4 2.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL]What do you think of Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

h4rdcor3

09-10-2009

The easiest counter to ryze is magic resist. Pick up a Banshee's Veil and with the +60 resist and the negative spell block it forces ryze to actually think a little bit instead of click and pwn

fpRSmWrNSNHkW06S

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rdcor3 View Post
The easiest counter to ryze is magic resist. Pick up a Banshee's Veil and with the +60 resist and the negative spell block it forces ryze to actually think a little bit instead of click and pwn
I'd agree, except going out of your way to pick up a Veil means you are probably deferring some other very important items in your build. Ryze gets considerably more deadly the moment he hits 6, and it's pretty unlikely you are going to want to have bought a veil by that point.

Giandris

09-10-2009

Ryze is what he is

but he isn't OP.

I toss a cooldown reduction (the one in the recipe for frozen heart) on him, stack AP, and thats about it.

Not many ways to play and build up Ryze, so he is a rather bland character overall.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesyuh View Post
These are the kind of responses we donut need. That is why I really didn't want any discussion cause you bring out the trolls and flamers.

Just post your thoughts, vote in the poll and move on. We don't need to flame each other.

I have a really hard time playing against ryze. It doesn't matter what hero I play as, and its not like I have no experience playing the game.

Its not about being bad at the game or being a noob... this is about balance. If you don't think he needs to be balanced that is fine. I just wanted to know what people thought about it.

Back to the subject....
It's not trolling or flaming. Threads like this are just dressed up rants against Ryze's root and ultimate combo. Just because you die to it, dosen't make it OP.

When I first started playing, I thought Ryze was OP too. 75 wins later, I grew out of it, just like the majority of the people who post in these treads will. It's a phase that bad players go through. Once Ryze stops being a threat to you, once you stop putting yourself into situations where you can be killed easily, you will have graduated to the next level of LoL skill.

Those are my thoughts and I'm posting them.

AngryBovine

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
It's not trolling or flaming. Threads like this are just dressed up rants against Ryze's root and ultimate combo. Just because you die to it, dosen't make it OP.

When I first started playing, I thought Ryze was OP too. 75 wins later, I grew out of it, just like the majority of the people who post in these treads will. It's a phase that bad players go through. Once Ryze stops being a threat to you, once you stop putting yourself into situations where you can be killed easily, you will have graduated to the next level of LoL skill.

Those are my thoughts and I'm posting them.
QFT. You don't see Ryzes at all when you start moving up the ranks. It's just honestly not that terrible a hero to play against.

SlyGoat

09-10-2009

"A hero is overpowered until you get this good and then isn't a problem."

Does that seem like a good system to you?

AngryBovine

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
"A hero is overpowered until you get this good and then isn't a problem."

Does that seem like a good system to you?
To a bad player, almost any character can seem overpowered to them,as long as it's a character that beats them repeatedly. This is most prevalent with characters that excel at "pubstomps," which includes Ryze. A hero which sees play only in pubstomps but never in tournaments should be revised but not nerfed. These heroes are by no means overpowered; they are just designed in a sub-optimal fashion.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBovine View Post
To a bad player, almost any character can seem overpowered to them,as long as it's a character that beats them repeatedly. This is most prevalent with characters that excel at "pubstomps," which includes Ryze. A hero which sees play only in pubstomps but never in tournaments should be revised but not nerfed. These heroes are by no means overpowered; they are just designed in a sub-optimal fashion.
People who are raging about Ryze's ult-root combo use the term 'overpowered' way too much.

Ryze can't prevent people from playing. Ryze can't surpress people early laning and totally block them from getting last hits. Ryze can't hurt people who hug towers.

The only thing Ryze can do is kill players who aren't paying attention really fast.

You want real examples of an overpowered champion? Man, you should of see the hay-days of Lich, when he could force people off of towers. Or better yet, Cardmaster. Man, remember when Cardmaster was overpowered? He'd just make you dance around dodging Wild Cards all day.

Nobody who has to wait till level 6 to do their short-range easy-to-****-up summoner-spell-countered ultimate is going to be overpowered.

Gimpb

09-10-2009

He's quite strong in the right situation but I think said right situation is a bit too easily avoided so I'd say slightly underpowered.

AngryBovine

09-10-2009

If you took the time, you'd find something rather interesting about the people polling. For the most part, the people who complained that Ryze was "Too Overpowered" were A: Not level 30 (less than 29-58 games), or B: Had a less-than-shiny w:l:lv record. And you'll note where the blues voted... in any case, this poll doesn't mean anything.