[Champion Suggestion] Zerantha – The bladewarder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-10-2009

Zerantha – The Crossing Guard

Here is my champion suggestion

The reason for this champion suggestion is because I noticed that a lot of champions rely on a lot of really quick auto attacks such as Ash, Teemo, Warwick, Yi, etc. It seems to me that once these guys get you in a 1v1 situation there is little you can do if you are caught by surprise. Thus the bladewarder is born. The buildup of this champion is an anti quick attack champion. She’s the one who can take on these heroes due to her abilities that mitigate and counteract this type of attack style.

Unlike all the other female champions who are overall very pretty, Zerantha is the ugly one. She is portly and roundish in figure with large over exaggerated red lips (lipstick) and she duel wields stop signs.

Here are her abilities

Halt!

Reason for this ability: currently only Ramous can force people to attack him. I thought adding in another character who could do this but not in a tank setting would be nice.

Here is its description: Commands the enemy unit to halt and focus on Zerantha, while challenged enemy unit does x percentage less dmg to Zerantha, while halting Zerantha gains x dmg percent bonus stacking up to x amount of times per hit she deals. This effect lasts x amount of time (static just don’t know how long yet).

Sign Sweep

Reason for this ability: Since Zerantha will mostly be attacking single targets a cone sweeped attack would help with creep kills a bit as well as the debuffs that come with it. What’s unique about this move is that it doesn’t just hit everything at once in a cone in front of it. It’s a sweeping attack so it starts at one end of the cone and moves to the other.

Description: Zerantha sweeps the battlefield with her large stop signs Any enemies caught in the sweep have their attack speed reduced by x amount and their movement speed reduced by x amount.

Animation: I thought a large long red burning stop sign sweep for this attack would look cool.

Acute senses

Reason for this ability: It is her passive ability that increases her dodge chance by a certain percentage that stacks. This would allow her to be in the heat of battle but still have some survivability since she will be able to dodge some of the attacks she faces during.

Description: Zerantha’s senses are heightened allowing her to anticipate her foes attacks better. When toggled the next champion ability attack directed at her will be dodged.

Ultimate -

Stand Your Ground

This is her signature move, a counter attack that will do more dmg the more she is attacked. It has a baseline dmg but its real potential would come from the additional attacks she would generate from being attacked.

Description: Zerantha stands her ground and counters enemy champion’s attacks dealing x amount of dmg plus an additional x amount to the attacker each time she is attacked.

Using this ability right after Halt would be an excellent strategy. It also would be a great way to prevent focus firing with acute senses activated.

ElNab

09-10-2009

Mmmmm

From what I read here I can expect that the dodge chance is the champions passive ability, since all champions have 4 actives and 1 passive that cannot be upgraded. If you can describe that ultimate it would be nice.

I think the abilities can be pretty solid with the right numbers, but I would mainly change the ultimate, or at least his name, since Jax the armsmaster already has an ability called 'counterattack'

Another thing is that a lot of fast auto attackers are only effective because of their abilities. These abilities would be nice againist a tank, but otherwise you have no abilities for dealing with the champions that you listed abilities. My suggestion is to change Acute senses for an anti-spell or stun ability so you can deny those champions their spells when they need them.

Also, long swords sounds a tad boring tbh, how about duel wielded poleaxes? Or sign posts?

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNab View Post
Mmmmm

From what I read here I can expect that the dodge chance is the champions passive ability, since all champions have 4 actives and 1 passive that cannot be upgraded. If you can describe that ultimate it would be nice.

I think the abilities can be pretty solid with the right numbers, but I would mainly change the ultimate, or at least his name, since Jax the armsmaster already has an ability called 'counterattack'

Another thing is that a lot of fast auto attackers are only effective because of their abilities. These abilities would be nice againist a tank, but otherwise you have no abilities for dealing with the champions that you listed abilities. My suggestion is to change Acute senses for an anti-spell or stun ability so you can deny those champions their spells when they need them.

Also, long swords sounds a tad boring tbh, how about duel wielded poleaxes? Or sign posts?
Thanks for the suggestions ill make the changes. Yeah long swords was just a place holder for a better name.

Ill clarify a bit more now

The dodge is the passive ability I guess a better active version of this passive would be "guarantees that the next champion ability is dodged". This would allow you to toggle it when you are running it to fight a champion who doesnt have a spammable ability.

The counterattack move (renamed) would be great for people like yi who does auto attack alot after using his ability initiate. Also Teemo relies on dots and auto attack a lot as well. Or even the ryze and morgana prism.

OH OH SHE CAN BE A DUEL WIELDING CROSSING GUARD! She duel wields stop signs!!! THat would be awesome

Spunkify

Adjudicator

09-10-2009

Updated with new more unique and awesome ideas.

Aeonus

09-10-2009

forget the stop signs just giver a couple frying pans to smack champs around with lol

Spunkify

Adjudicator

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonus View Post
forget the stop signs just giver a couple frying pans to smack champs around with lol
LOL that could work what do you think overall anyways?

Raum Soldat

09-10-2009

Very creative on the appearance of the champion and the champion's abilities. It'd be interesting to see a beta design of this champion and see how she turns out and if these abilities will work as you expected them to. I'd like to see what Riot would think of this champion. Overall I think it's an interesting and well put together champion with the appearance suggestion and the abilities. In my opinion it's a very solid well put together champion suggestion. I'd definitely try her out if she does come up as a new champion.

Spunkify

Adjudicator

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by raum soldat View Post
very creative on the appearance of the champion and the champion's abilities. It'd be interesting to see a beta design of this champion and see how she turns out and if these abilities will work as you expected them to. I'd like to see what riot would think of this champion. Overall i think it's an interesting and well put together champion with the appearance suggestion and the abilities. In my opinion it's a very solid well put together champion suggestion. I'd definitely try her out if she does come up as a new champion.
ty so much!

Spunkify

Adjudicator

09-11-2009

If anything I do think her character mechanics should be added with whatever skin they choose simply to be a counter to fast attacking champions.