Rod of Ages on AP Sion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

80kidz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

Been wondering about using a Rod of Ages on AP Sion, anyone got some input?

My norm build is:
Sheen -> Merc treads -> Haunting Guise -> Mejai's -> Lich bane/Zhonya's (depending on how the game goes)

Just wondering if RoA would be better since I just came up with this build on a whim to have fun with Sion.

The Promise

05-08-2010

It's quite unnecessary. The AP is nice, but a lot of the strength of RoA comes from the Passive, namely the HP and Mana components of it. Scion doesn't need either.

But I don't play too much Scion, so I may be wrong, but what I know of him tells me there are better items for AP Scion.

Pocky Snacks

05-08-2010

Fully-charged Rod of Ages is fantastic for AP Scion. The problem is AP Scion needs to establish early-game dominance, which Sheen and Mejai's offers. Trying to fit in a Rod of Ages into your item setup means you won't get access to RoA's full power until like 15 minutes after it's upgraded.

Because of this, I think serious use of RoA would require you to get items in this order:

Sheen > Boots > Mejai's > Rod of Ages > etc.

And you should ideally finish the game right as the Rod becomes fully charged.

IN OTHER WORDS, your current setup is probably more practical for victory.

Lucchinii

05-08-2010

"Stare, fart, run away like a fgt and let my team die since I'm useless till CD is off"

"500DMG at level 6 without hax items, awesome lifesteal, heal team by attacking, eat squishies AND tanks"

DPS Sion more guys please.

All AP Sion has is a strong stun, and a shield that he has to get in the middle for.
DPS Sion has a decent stun, a shield that can make him a bit more tanky, a skill that increases his damage output A LOT, an ult that actually saves lives.

Jazzminkey

05-08-2010

I prefer AD sion, but RoA is a standard if you are going AP. It is just such a good item.

Eppa

05-09-2010

I thought Catalyst was mandatory for sion?

T a e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-09-2010

I get items in this order: doran's ring - boots of swiftness - mejai's - rylai's crystal scepter/lich bane - zonya's