Udyr, WTF am I doing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llaith

05-08-2010

Alright, to start off with, not a long time Dota-er, but have recently become addicted to LoL.
Since the beginning, loved every bit of Udyr, except for Phoenix.

To Date, Ive carried many times successfully, however, my K/D is hideous, while my D/A ratio is relatively balanced,... maybe I just have the heart of a martyr.

Ive been wondering of late, if Udyr needs a rework, or if I just need another toon.

To me it seems as though Udyr is so malleable, that your build will almost always consist of items based directly in opposition to the other teams Chars.(Remember, Non-Phoenix)
Thus, you do not get to choose to focus on a specific build, and must always "be like water."

My Sub-C mind tells me to keep working on this, as Stacking Damage, should ultimately improve my survivability with Udyr, due to Turtle, and the Fact that Enemies have finite amounts of HP. However, even with a good amount of CDR, youll only be landing one hit every 3.x seconds(Latency) in Turtle.

To the credit of Udyrs designer, even w/o ult, and denying 1 of 4 stances, you can always make an incredible Tank out of him.

Regardless, I will continue to work with this "Build" until I see a light, or just move onto another impeccably awesome char, like Malphite, Ezreal, or (Ugh, the Conformity) Garen.

Ockham is telling me to play Garen from Beyond the Grave!

/help!

In response to the post below:
Im wanting to be able to gank, and Tank, or just straight out mangle.
In essence, Kill anyone 1v1, using a rapid stance dance of Bear/Tiger/Turtle, Rinse and Repeat. Maybe my problem is that Im frustrated over his malleability. =/ (I know later game is about team play, which is fine, and why Ive said Ive been able to tank with him successfully.)

Temlam

05-08-2010

edited because I'm not qutie sure what it is you're looking for, udyr is a beast

Praedoran

05-08-2010

Counter building is quite viable on Udyr, but you have to know the other champions, their abilities, and their item builds to truly be successful at it. For instance, Jax puts out a ton of magic damage as well as physical damage, which is one of the reasons it's so hard for Udyr to counter build against him.

Locket Udyr is one of the reasons for his incoming nerfs, which is a solid item on him. I'd also recommend the Aegis for it's aura and efficiency in terms of tank stats.

pannra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

What other items do you get on locket Udyr? I was thinking sunfire cape and maybe banshees?

Praedoran

05-08-2010

Yes, Sunfire Capes is a great item on Tank Udyr because of the passive damage AoE it gives you. If you watched Phreak's Champion Spotlight on Udyr, he stacked Magic Penetration runes for Sunfire Cape damage and Phoenix damage. Then combined with his Magic Resist runes, it leads into a very durable tank build.

Udyr currently has a great dodge passive and when combined with Ninja Tabi, you shouldn't need to stack armor beyond what a Sunfire Cape would give you.

Temlam

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaith View Post
Alright, to start off with, not a long time Dota-er, but have recently become addicted to LoL.
Since the beginning, loved every bit of Udyr, except for Phoenix.

To Date, Ive carried many times successfully, however, my K/D is hideous, while my D/A ratio is relatively balanced,... maybe I just have the heart of a martyr.

Ive been wondering of late, if Udyr needs a rework, or if I just need another toon.

To me it seems as though Udyr is so malleable, that your build will almost always consist of items based directly in opposition to the other teams Chars.(Remember, Non-Phoenix)
Thus, you do not get to choose to focus on a specific build, and must always "be like water."

My Sub-C mind tells me to keep working on this, as Stacking Damage, should ultimately improve my survivability with Udyr, due to Turtle, and the Fact that Enemies have finite amounts of HP. However, even with a good amount of CDR, youll only be landing one hit every 3.x seconds(Latency) in Turtle.

To the credit of Udyrs designer, even w/o ult, and denying 1 of 4 stances, you can always make an incredible Tank out of him.

Regardless, I will continue to work with this "Build" until I see a light, or just move onto another impeccably awesome char, like Malphite, Ezreal, or (Ugh, the Conformity) Garen.

Ockham is telling me to play Garen from Beyond the Grave!

/help!

In response to the post below:
Im wanting to be able to gank, and Tank, or just straight out mangle.
In essence, Kill anyone 1v1, using a rapid stance dance of Bear/Tiger/Turtle, Rinse and Repeat. Maybe my problem is that Im frustrated over his malleability. =/ (I know later game is about team play, which is fine, and why Ive said Ive been able to tank with him successfully.)
ah now I get it.
Just went 1/some number under 10 heh/23 with udyr.

Point of it all being though, we won.
SO I dont care what my K/D ratio is :P