how does one build ap cho'gath?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoopaTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2010

see: thread title

thanks (:

(and is ap shaco still useful?)

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2010

You build half-tank, half ap.

I go:
Doran's ring
Basic Boots
Haunting Guise
Upgrade to merc treads/ninja tabi

Spirit visage, heart of gold or guardian angel
If more tanking needed: think banshee's/omen/frozen heart (guardian angel if you don't have it)
If not, stack some AP. I recommend Abyssal scepter or Rylai's.

Bolded are the "required" items for this build.

The Promise

05-08-2010

You don't. Is AP Cho playable? Of course. Is he that good? No. There are much better Mages with much better nukes that Cho. (Don't anyone give me "lolnood feest r teh leet nook" bull.)

Cho has two spell, Feral Scream and Rupture. Neither of them do damage comparable to Annie or Ryze nukes, and both of them require positioning. Rupture is a skillshot of sorts, and frankly, it is quite easy to avoid, and Feral Scream is a cone that can be somewhat difficult to get decent effect on.

If you have your heart set on AP Cho, then rush RoA, hell, get two. Then grab a Zhonya's. Though really, if you want a Mage, play a real Mage. AP Cho is quite gimped when held up to Annie, Ryze, and Fiddle. He is much, much, better as a tank.

As for AP Shaco, he is still playable, sure. He is not the asset to the team that AD Shaco is, but he is in a much better position compared to AD, than AP Cho is to Tank Cho. You will get flamed a lot less playing AP Shaco than you will plying AP Cho.

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-08-2010

The key to playing "AP Cho" is to focus on tanking, with AP sprinkled in to get a little bit of extra bang from your nukes and keep you scary.

The Promise

05-08-2010

Supernoob summed it up. AP Cho is not a Mage, he is a Mage/Tank, much like Singed or Amumu.

Thanks for being more "to the point" than I brotato.

elmins

05-08-2010

I like going
regrowth -> merki -> mejai/boots -> warmogs -> force of nature (or thornmail if they got AD champs) -> zhonya.
Although it heavily hinges on surviving, which makes you less useful as a tank, but the good thing is that cho is pretty **** good at survival and getting kills.

Mesa H

05-08-2010

AP Cho can do well enough as a caster AND a tank

1. chalice
2. RoA
3. Rylais

Build around these and you'll have no problem

With Roa and Rylais with feast you'll have enough HP to go around, just stack a bit armor or MR if the other team is heavy on either AD or AP.

Games usually ends with Rylais, throw in a soulstealer if you're doing well

U'll hit like a truck but have 3000-ish HP.

Edit: As for AP Shaco, it is viable, but he relies too much on JiB Nests (at least 3 or 4) , very situational.