how is vlad not OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

I think he is balanced now. How he was before was redic.
I still see a few good vlads every now and again.

Crunchtheist

08-11-2011

"A few good vlads".

lol, you mean the ones that get fed early, right?

heathenscum

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersauce View Post
Herp derp, vlad is the only champ that does AoE damage I guess. Annie does way more damage with tibbers and that stuns.
aoe damage i have no problem with but aoe damage almost on par with annie's ult as well as increased damage is what i have a problem with

Crunchtheist

08-11-2011

He was balanced BEFORE the last nerf. Now he's UP.

His abilities aren't broken; they're just useful. That's what abilities are supposed to be. I guess we should get rid of EVERY blinking ability because it allows champions to "unfairly" escape pursuit by hopping over bushes? It's every bit as "unfair" as vlad pooling and moving regular speed, except that it's instantaneous. Ya never hear people complain about leblanc blinking all over the place, or kassadin hopping walls to kill people, do ya? Vlad hasn't been certifiably "OP" since they took the speedup away from his sanguine pool. Now he's mostly garbage, cept when well fed.

I can't even count the number of times I've ulted all 5 enemy champions in a teamfight, just to have my teammates run away when they had the advantage... SOOOOOOO frustrating! lol, guess I should get voicechat...

Stru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenscum View Post
most spells are 10 second cd at early levels. that doesn't mean anything.
the defensive pool is exactly the problem. i can escape from almost anything while healing and dealing damage to anyone near by and usually end up with more health than the spell cost me to cast
oh no you have to spam a spell? how is that a down side? deal damage for increased regen?
his ult is flippin amazing! an AOE nuke that increases damage done to anyone it hits. how is that in anyway an only? think about it. if a champ has 2500 life. he gets hit with vlads ult that means he only has to take about 1700 damage then get hits with vlad's damage and he is dead
Your post is ridiculous. So is your logic.

Crunchtheist

08-11-2011

Quote:
aoe damage i have no problem with but aoe damage almost on par with annie's ult as well as increased damage is what i have a problem with
Annie's stuns and leaves a burning bear behind... How is that not better?

Not to mention does ASSLOADS more damage... But that's not to mention.

Hypersauce

08-11-2011

Quote:
And Annie's ult is also an AoE stun. Tibbers also stays on the battlefield after and is like having a garen with 5 sunfire capes on your team.

Vlad has nowhere near the nuke potential of Annie. Vlad has some burst, but he doesn't have a combo like annie. QWRQ+ignite dead. Vlad also has to get his Q to rank 5 before he is really effective. He is super easy to deny before level 9.

I honestly feel like it's just bad players who think Vlad is OP. The kind of players whose attention span isn't long enough to kill a champion who can't be killed in the duration of a stun. It's really not that hard to bait a pool, wait for it, and then nuke him down.

Sure a fed vlad can run rampant and destroy your entire team, but so can most champions. Get MR.

Lucian32

Recruiter

08-11-2011

About Pool. Again people are overexaggerating here. No one puts more than 1 point into until Q and E are maxed.

If the pool is used offensively, then Vlad is an easy kill.

If pool is used defensively, Vlad really doesn't have that much offense.

Either way, the 20% damage penalty is huge and you NEVER heal back up for it. It's damage is weak because its the last skill you level up. It's used to escape or it's used to snare and buy time for your Q. Let's get serious here.

Crunchtheist

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersauce View Post
And Annie's ult is also an AoE stun. Tibbers also stays on the battlefield after and is like having a garen with 5 sunfire capes on your team.

Vlad has nowhere near the nuke potential of Annie. Vlad has some burst, but he doesn't have a combo like annie. QWRQ+ignite dead. Vlad also has to get his Q to rank 5 before he is really effective. He is super easy to deny before level 9.

I honestly feel like it's just bad players who think Vlad is OP. The kind of players whose attention span isn't long enough to kill a champion who can't be killed in the duration of a stun. It's really not that hard to bait a pool, wait for it, and then nuke him down.

Sure a fed vlad can run rampant and destroy your entire team, but so can most champions. Get MR.
^By "most champions", you mean Mordekaiser. ;-D

Seen a Morde get a pentakill the other day... Tanked everyone's damage w/ his stupid shield, maced the hell outta 'em, thornmailed and creeping death'd the AD's, and of COURSE had his "child of the grave" beating on them all the while... Ever since the first target of his wrath died. It's not like nobody tried to escape... It was just too late when they transitioned from that point of bewilderment at not beign able to win a 1v5, to, "****, we'd better run".

Thank god he was on my team. Wish I coulda recorded it.

ReaverKing

08-11-2011

I play Vlad all the time. Here are my assessments:

--If you watch the Champion Spotlights Phreak outright says to kill Vlad at the start of every fight. In fact, it used to say in the "Tips" section of his description to do just that.

Early game, Vlad is Low HP and his q comes very slowly. Harassing aggressively or ganking 2v1 when he's mid before L6 is not only almost guaranteed kills but seriously delays his advancement.

Vlad can be completely shut down by any Silence effect. No Q, no pool to get away, no ult for most of a teamfight. He's about the only champion who actually benefits from Cleanse any more.

--So with Vlad being the #1 on almost every "to kill" list and having to adopt the mindset of a carry, he is going to build the same items every time: Rylai's and Deathcap along with as much AP as possible.

Any mage with ~500AP is going to hurt you. Just don't let him get the gold easily. And if you deal enough damage to him, he's in the same predicament as Morde. He could conceivably kill himself between his own W, E, and R. Before L12, he's practically farmable. The biggest issue is how he interacts with certain items.