how is vlad not OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

heathenscum

08-11-2011

please explain this to me I see so many post about him needing a buff and how bad he is but every game i play he is ridiculous. So here is what i am seeing:
His q has no cost but is an instaheal and damage at range.
w pools and makes him basically invulnerable dealing damage and again healing him. Allows him to turret dive at any level and escape from almost anything
his e gives him bonus life and damage
his ult increases damage by 14% FOURTEEN PERCENT! as well as dealing a substantial nuke with a good ap ratio.

please tell me how to shut this down or how he is not op...

Mermeter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

His Q cd is terrible at early lvls. I think its a 10 sec cd maybe longer. Harass him during the CD
His pool is used defensivly because its 20% of life. If he farms/ trys to get u with pool hes either stupid or tdiving u at low hp
His e costs hp and gives him bonus healing. He has to spam it to keep 4 stacks up
His ult is all hes really got going for him in a team fight.
Dont 1v1 him. If you have someone who can stun him stun him and unload on him. He'll probably take 20% of his hp away while pooling out.

Archiplex

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenscum View Post
please explain this to me I see so many post about him needing a buff and how bad he is but every game i play he is ridiculous. So here is what i am seeing:
His q has no cost but is an instaheal and damage at range.
w pools and makes him basically invulnerable dealing damage and again healing him. Allows him to turret dive at any level and escape from almost anything
his e gives him bonus life and damage
his ult increases damage by 17% SEVENTEEN PERCENT! as well as dealing a substantial nuke with a good ap ratio.

please tell me how to shut this down or how he is not op...

Because the q's range isn't long

because he's shut down by heal reduc

because he's squishy (hp =/= tanky)

Because his w takes out 20% of his health, meaning you can't freely use it, it's normally used to escape, or to avoid things that would otherwise kill you (ez's ult, ashe, lux, karthus. etc)

Reapexx

08-11-2011

Q - Range is fairly short compared to other AP casters. Heal is not that much by itself early game.
W - Play more aggressive and force him to use his pool. It also costs 1/5th of his life.
E - Err.. his stacks make him use more and more life each time, lol.
R - Don't be so scrunched up in team fights when they have a Vlad ready to nuke you all.

Build Magic Resist and health, and focus him down if he's being a pain in the ass. Harass him with ranged spells early game, gank him often mid game, focus him later game.

rioroo 2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

he was nerfed many times, that is why he is kinda UP now

Lucian32

Recruiter

08-11-2011

Q range is extremely low, CD is too high at low levels meaning you will get out harassed, Damage late game is lacking

W is his only means of escape/snare. It's powerful for sure, but people blow it out of Proportion. Every champ needs some kind of move that they can use dynamically for offense and defense. There are huge tradeoffs when you use it either way.

E damage is very mediocre unless you stack it to 4. That's a lot of time waiting around draining your own life when teams are dancing around before initiating. The range on it is not particularly great. It's a good skill though.

His Ult actually doesn't do all that much damage. It's very rare that a good team is going to have all their players stacked up to get hit with it.

Vlad's main problem is his scaling is way out of whack. The CDs are too long early. The Base Damages are about right midgame. The scaling into late game is just awful. I understand that he is hard to balance because he doesn't have mana costs (not that that really matters late game) and his passive lets him basically build full AP and be somewhat successful (well used to at least).

Vlad is sort of in no man's land because people play him like a AP carry but he's also kind of a Tanky DPS. That categorization works with actual tanky who can build tanky items and still output decent damage or CC. If Vlad builds tanky his damage is garbage and he brings no CC. So he's a carry who can't carry and a tanky dps that's not really that tanky. He just doesn't fill a role on any balanced team WHICH is why you never see Vlad's anymore (at least I don't).

He definitely needs help.

heathenscum

08-11-2011

most spells are 10 second cd at early levels. that doesn't mean anything.
the defensive pool is exactly the problem. i can escape from almost anything while healing and dealing damage to anyone near by and usually end up with more health than the spell cost me to cast
oh no you have to spam a spell? how is that a down side? deal damage for increased regen?
his ult is flippin amazing! an AOE nuke that increases damage done to anyone it hits. how is that in anyway an only? think about it. if a champ has 2500 life. he gets hit with vlads ult that means he only has to take about 1700 damage then get hits with vlad's damage and he is dead

Hypersauce

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenscum View Post
most spells are 10 second cd at early levels. that doesn't mean anything.
the defensive pool is exactly the problem. i can escape from almost anything while healing and dealing damage to anyone near by and usually end up with more health than the spell cost me to cast
oh no you have to spam a spell? how is that a down side? deal damage for increased regen?
his ult is flippin amazing! an AOE nuke that increases damage done to anyone it hits. how is that in anyway an only? think about it. if a champ has 2500 life. he gets hit with vlads ult that means he only has to take about 1700 damage then get hits with vlad's damage and he is dead
Herp derp, vlad is the only champ that does AoE damage I guess. Annie does way more damage with tibbers and that stuns.

BuddhazBounty

08-11-2011

@baineRPX: youre not going to kill a high hp, high ap vlad by building mr and hp, although you may survive him

@rainrainery: vlad may be the least squishy ap champ because of his bonus hp and awesome escape ability

@heathenscum: vlad is one of those champs with broken abilities, and all riot is willing to do is lower/raise ability ratios. In order to be fixed vlad would have to be remade. Also you forgot to point out his pool applies an effective aoe slow, and you got his e wrong. It's not useful

yourdonegameover

08-11-2011

You should be glad your not playing him when his q was longer cooldown and you could have double revolvers...