Need help AGAINST Ability Power shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vijaya

05-08-2010

Shaco is an extremely versatile champion, so there is absolutely no reason that you should pick one single item build to use every game.

If you see a bunch of enemy casters, drop the sunfire idea and use something else. AD with a splash of MR, or perhaps AP and play stronger than them, whatever. But if you expect that one build to work in every situation, you're going to lose a lot of games to enemies that know how to watch and react.

BarrSupport

05-08-2010

hmm, yea, thats why im looking for a new build..... sunfires really WONT always work... no matter how good you are with them or how good my previous scores may seem

..Looks like i have only 3 options left

1. hope that someone knows a good AP shaco counter

2., make my own counter(best option, but hardest

3. copy the other shaco's build

Donovan

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaguardian View Post
hmm, yea, thats why im looking for a new build..... sunfires really WONT always work... no matter how good you are with them or how good my previous scores may seem

..Looks like i have only 3 options left

1. hope that someone knows a good AP shaco counter

2., make my own counter(best option, but hardest

3. copy the other shaco's build

Pretty sure AP shaco counter would be any build stacking magic resist... plenty of options, aegis, force of nature, merc treads... theres a whole section in the shop just for magic resist items

Gunflame

05-08-2010

In general (very very general)

AD > AP > Tank > AD

In other words... get Attack damage to counter mages, Ability power to counter tanks and tank to counter damage.

There are a lot of shaco guides... just look at the first few thread in this forum.

BarrSupport

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
In general (very very general)

AD > AP > Tank > AD

In other words... get Attack damage to counter mages, Ability power to counter tanks and tank to counter damage.

There are a lot of shaco guides... just look at the first few thread in this forum.

...lol... thats going to be extremely hard for me... AD shaco was so fun... but as i said before... i was such a failure as him

surprizingly... u make me want to go look at a guide and be him.... well, off to go read AD shaco build and practice with it...

Fluffy1

05-08-2010

HP and magic resist, merc treads standard and a banshee veil. after that more hp. use comon sense as those trose traps can hurt, also avoid turning your back on him since those shivs benefit from shaco's passive. bt really for your build just replace 1 sunfire with a banshee veil.

BarrSupport

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
HP and magic resist, merc treads standard and a banshee veil. after that more hp. use comon sense as those trose traps can hurt, also avoid turning your back on him since those shivs benefit from shaco's passive. bt really for your build just replace 1 sunfire with a banshee veil.

thx, i think i like this idea

Well, i know i CANT play AD shaco... played a game, went 0/5 and 1/3... if i practice too long, i wont be as good with tank

NoC Athos

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaguardian View Post

Its like this, im wearing a green suit now, but im asking for a different suit in which a truck wont break my bones so that i can adjust

-1 because u cant read
+1 because he can.

you're failing to get the point brah. U say ur build is amazing and won't change it but AP shaco counters it. I need an answer that isn't AD shaco? yeah um...I'm not sure if the answer you want to hear exists.

HanzGruber

05-08-2010

Well, I don't know much about playing as Shaco, but playing against is another matter. Without changing your build at all, the simple answer is wards. For 90 gold a piece, if your whole team buys a couple, you can shut ap shaco down.

As a Shaco player, you probably realize that deceive only lasts 4 seconds. You don't need oracle or vision wards. Just drop basic wards into every bush he likes to pop from and he'll no longer get the drop on you.

This works in any given game, Shaco or not. Encourage your team to buy wards and drop them wherever you see fit. Some common places are in bushes near lizard and golem, in front of baron and dragon, and in the small bushes at the halfway point between lanes.

BarrSupport

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by athos2 View Post
+1 because he can.

you're failing to get the point brah. U say ur build is amazing and won't change it but AP shaco counters it. I need an answer that isn't AD shaco? yeah um...I'm not sure if the answer you want to hear exists.
LOL... you cant read either... and im not your "brah"

i said im willing to change it..."searching for new build"

An answer that isnt AD shaco is magic resist shaco or Better AP shaco... the problem is finding a better AP build than his and/or finding a decent magic ressit build that works with shaco(hard to find)