Skarner: Under Powered or Balanced?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FLOwDOG

08-11-2011

Just wondering about your thoughts on Skarner. I've played with him a lot since his release and I can say he's pretty fun to play. There is a major problem I have with him though. He does no damage early game and I can't seem to find a good role for him. He's a super fast jungler but lacks any sort of gank potential pre level 6. His ult is really cool but there a couple problems:

1. Has horrible range.
2. Does no damage compared to other single target suppression spells.
3. In my opinion, he needs more duration on his ult.

Now I'm still looking at proper ways to build him but I'm at a crossroad with him. He has a great passive. It's REALLY good but I found playing him as a AD DPS really doesn't work. I've been hearing a lot of feedback about Skarner and one option people are playing him as is Tanky AP. Now I still haven't tried this out yet but I can see how it would work. He needs to get inside on enemy teams, stay there and do damage. Full tank doesn't work on Skarner as I've tried this and like I said before, he lacks damage. So going Tanky AP seems to be his best role at the moment. Just wondering what you guys think about him? Builds, strategies? All feedback is welcome

*Edit*
I forgot to add that I think he's going to get a major buff unless people find something game changing with him.

sn3aks

08-11-2011

tanky ap skarner is undepowered, hes just a weak champ no matter how you play him

Rocky2

08-11-2011

I believe he's slightly underpowered. His q should be buffed slightly and I would like his ult range to be a smidge bigger.

Mermeter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Hes fine. Been out for 2 days and you guys complain. He is meant to STICK TO A PERSON AND DO DAMAGE. PHREAK SAID SO. Build him tanky dps and jungle him. Hes fine.

whereisnovember

08-11-2011

i think the opposite from what you said about jungling i think he is super slow, but i agree he has no gank potential.

FLOwDOG

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermeter View Post
Hes fine. Been out for 2 days and you guys complain. He is meant to STICK TO A PERSON AND DO DAMAGE. PHREAK SAID SO. Build him tanky dps and jungle him. Hes fine.
What damage lol?

Ñightmares

08-11-2011

His E is so stupid and is like some sort of useless filler spell that wastes mana. Good players won't let you get close to them since he has no gap closer. He gets wrecked in aoe damage in teamfights. He's a good ganker, that's about it.

DunkMaster Trynd

08-11-2011

I always go postive with him, he is Balanced noobs just QQing for a nerf because they want a WIN KNHAO

Scylla

08-11-2011

He could use a buff, but I've destroyed face with him before (I was fed, though, because they kept going after Veigar and totally ignored me as I double-killed them)

So a little buff, but honestly you can build him correctly and he'll do decent damage and be rather tanky/unstoppable.

silverdragon

08-11-2011

I have to say i agreee with oyu flow. I cant really say where skarner belongs hes range is pretty bad so you have to surprise your enemies to get to them. No offense but a lot of other champs can do what he does with better range so hopefully he does get a buff. I also find him a bit squishy for a character who has to run into melee range even with his sheild to catch his enemies but that may be just me. For me Ive been building him a tanky hybrid but i depend on the efficency of my team early game to get any kills. End game im more like an extra damage dealer who can help pick up stragglers and ult when needed.

12345 ... 6