Most Underpowered Champions?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rexen

09-10-2009

I want to pose this question to players so that instead of reducing champions to the fighting power of oatmeal, we can bring up those weaker champions. What good is a champion if no one plays them. Personally, I want to seem "overpowered" because I am a champion. The game should revolve around the strength and power of characters, not dumb them down so they are unique minions.

Personally, I have played a few who I thought were a waste. Soraka is the worst so far though, even a great player would have a difficult time finding her useful. What is everyone else's opinions on the matter? What do you think would be an improvement on weaker champions?

/discuss

Taren

09-10-2009

I agree whole heartedly with Soraka. Although likely a personal issue, her complete dependance on another hero is a pretty big negative.

Gangplank I think is fine as a hero, but his ult could use some work. And something doesn't feel right about Mundo. He's not bad...but some of his moves need some reworking. But really, Soraka I think is the only one that is truly UP.

Tankball

09-10-2009

Soraka is not UP. Starfall has a 3 second cooldown and although it does not do a lot of damage it does reduce their magic resistance. Plus she has 2 heals and the move that replenishes mana (can be cast on yourself too). Lane with Ryze and its GG. Your enemies will QQ all the way back to the fountain while you own the lane.

I think it’s more of the fact that people don’t like to play support heroes and would rather play a carry.

Hedgehog

09-10-2009

Clearly Soraka is the worst hero in the game at the moment. Shes a complete 100% supporter and shes bad at that even.

Soraka fails on many aspects. Her first skills requires her to go in close to get off some petty damage and -magic resistance. She cant go in safe without being insta gibbed. Even worse this spell is a low cooldown low damage spell meaning she has to keep going in close or stay in close to make use of it.

Her second skill is only good for laning, you cant save allies with it mid/late game because the heal isnt even instant. The +armor aspect of the spell is a bit underwhelming.

Her third skill is only good for laning again, quickly becomes obsolete.

Her ultimate is probably the only spell she has thats par.

There are better healers on the game and better supporters on the game.

EDIT: Tankfall;

Ryze + Morgana > Ryze + Soraka.
Ryze + Veigar > Ryze + Soraka.
Ryze + Annie > Ryze + Soraka.
Ryze + Anivia > Ryze + Soraka.
Ryze + Alistar > Ryze + Soraka.

You get the idea.

Stamos

09-10-2009

Soraka is underpowered? No way! Infinite supply of mana, insane harassing abilities with the starfire like spell, a "decent" heal over time, and a decent ult. While the ult + HoT are not the strongest heals I've seen, if you combine her with the Heal summoner skill and some items that aren't on the recommended list, you really got yourself an insane support hero. (Yes, support) There's 30+ heroes to choose from, if they all had the ability to solo there would be no synergy in this game. I play with a group of friends, and I'll always volunteer a support class because when we play the right mash up of classes, we can do wonders.

I for one think Soraka is very balanced, if anything the HoT is a little on the weak side.

Hedgehog

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamos View Post
Soraka is underpowered? No way! Infinite supply of mana, insane harassing abilities with the starfire like spell, a "decent" heal over time, and a decent ult. While the ult + HoT are not the strongest heals I've seen, if you combine her with the Heal summoner skill and some items that aren't on the recommended list, you really got yourself an insane support hero. (Yes, support) There's 30+ heroes to choose from, if they all had the ability to solo there would be no synergy in this game. I play with a group of friends, and I'll always volunteer a support class because when we play the right mash up of classes, we can do wonders.

I for one think Soraka is very balanced, if anything the HoT is a little on the weak side.
Barely any heroes in the game have mana problems as it is and even if they do one mana regen item will keep them going the entire match. Nobody is expecting Soraka to insta rape everyone. We all know shes a support but the fact is she is a bad support.

X hero + Soraka would lose to X hero + Y hero.

Soraka needs the ability to augment an allied hero to the point they are making up for being down a caster/nuker/dps/tank/etc.

Rexen

09-10-2009

@ Stamos:

The HoT does 228 heal after 12 seconds at rank 5, it is almost completely worthless after level 10.

Back on topic, this isn't a debate about whether or not Soraka is UP. There is another thread for that (Another one I posted). Please keep to the subject. If you have suggestions on how to improve, or opinions on which champions *you* feel are UP'ed, please list them and give reasons. They can be any form of improvements for any champion playable.

Thanks

Krald

09-10-2009

I feel like fiddle's AP scaling needs a definite buff.

Glyde

09-10-2009

People might hate me but I think Tryndamere's ult needs a tweak, since you activate it then get CC'd so you cant utilize the 1hp carnage... and his spin needs to be a lot more devastating (Or have a shorter cooldown)

Stamos

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexen View Post
@ Stamos:

Back on topic, this isn't a debate about whether or not Soraka is UP. There is another thread for that (Another one I posted). Please keep to the subject. If you have suggestions on how to improve, or opinions on which champions *you* feel are UP'ed, please list them and give reasons. They can be any form of improvements for any champion playable.

Thanks
How was I offtopic? Someone said a character I use often was underpowered, I countered by explaining my reasons that I feel she isn't underpowered. You can't make a thread called "JAX IS OP" and not let anyone who feels otherwise post.

And everyone speaks of end game, end game. I'm content knowing that some heros might not be end game. Early/Mid game she's a beast, giving my teammates mana to harass heavily in the opening 5 levels sets the pace of the game imo.

12345 ... 6