Shut Up and Let People Pick Who They Want To For Blind Pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warkeiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Since a few days into the beta of Dominion, has anyone else noticed people who more or less won't shut up about someone needing to go Rammus or Yi or some other character, despite the fact that they themselves aren't picking these champions?

If you want a champion on your team, here's an idea: Pick him instead of instalocking the one you want to play and telling your team to not pick the champions they did because they suck and to pick the one you want.

Just an idea.

KhaZixCarriesYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Well...there's limits.

Some champions are almost as bad as an afk in dominion.

I think, for the sake of the team, it's a good idea to tell people they shouldn't pick certain champs.

But I do agree that you shouldn't tell people they have to play someone, just tell them they can't play a different someone.

EDIT: Cool, downvotes without arguments. Don't complain next time you get 4 extra-squishy casters in a dominion match, then lose in 10 minutes.

MannerPLZ

09-26-2011

Summoners like this generally hold no logic of their own, don't expect anything they do to be rational.

urmamasllama

09-26-2011

don't doubt me when i pick skarner

reverse racist

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZ01 View Post
But I do agree that you shouldn't tell people they have to play someone, just tell them they can't play a different someone.
So I should be a jerk in an obtuse fashion rather than a direct one? Okay. Gotcha.

Hakobo

09-26-2011

Dominion is just a deathmatch for bruisers and bruisers only, just sayin'.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-26-2011

Blame Riot for an AD biased global aura and much better Dom AD items.

Larcent

09-26-2011

Also, if nobody ever tries the characters that might currently be struggling on Dominion, they'll never be able to figure out whether those characters are actually viable or not.

Eventually people are going to start thinking about counterpicks, and it's important to actually know what each champion is capable of on that map, not just focusing on the obvious strong ones.

(Or what to do when characters like Rammus and Singed get banned for players who transition to draft mode)

KhaZixCarriesYou

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstink View Post
So I should be a jerk in an obtuse fashion rather than a direct one? Okay. Gotcha.
It's not being a jerk if you are essentially saving the match.

Join a match, get 4 ap-only casters, with almost no base movement speed and less than 2000 hp at level 18 with a full build.

Then upload a video of you winning against a team of dominion-regular characters like tanks and AD-heavy champs. After that, I'll complete revoke what I said.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZ01 View Post
It's not being a jerk if you are essentially saving the match.

Join a match, get 4 ap-only casters, with almost no base movement speed and less than 2000 hp at level 18 with a full build.

Then upload a video of you winning. After that, I'll complete revoke what I said.
Don't put your foot in your mouth. You can go 5-support practically item-less and still win if the other team is just that stupid.