A question about Chogaths Feast: plz help :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aurax

05-08-2010

Hello!

Just a quick question:

How much damage Chogaths ultimates does? From webs database:

"Deals 300/550/800 (+0.5) damage to target champion, or 1000 damage to target minion (ignores resists)"

But I heard it makes half than that to champions. Is that right?

Cheers!

greath

05-08-2010

ok, so basically it works like this. I believe cho's feast is magic damage, but the calculations work the same way for physical damage vs armor as it does for magic damage vs magic resist.

so say you have cho's ulti @ lvl 3 (800 flat damage), and say you have 100 ability power (scaling @ .5 -> 100ap * 0.5ap scale = 50 extra damage), then your ability would do a flat 850 damage.

Now, say you are using it on a hero that has 50 magic resist. Magic resist (and armor) are calculated MR/(MR+100), so with 50MR you would do 33% less damage to the champ (50/(50+100)). So your 850 damage ability only does 570 damage to the other champ (850*(1-.33)).

This is why getting items that drop magic resistance are so important to dealing damage to other champs.

Number Red

05-08-2010

I thought feast did a set amount of health damage regardless of resist.

greath

05-08-2010

Never read that on the skill so I assumed otherwise, this is how most abilities work, but I don't play cho much so not positive.

Yulgash

05-08-2010

Currently it will do the listed damage regardless of magic resistance, and is also unaffected by damage reduction abilities like Alistar's ult, or 20 stack leviathan. The damage it deals is unaffected by the current health of the target. (It was briefly nerfed to deal half damage on non-lethal blows, but that change was reverted).

Aurax

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulgash View Post
Currently it will do the listed damage regardless of magic resistance, and is also unaffected by damage reduction abilities like Alistar's ult, or 20 stack leviathan. The damage it deals is unaffected by the current health of the target. (It was briefly nerfed to deal half damage on non-lethal blows, but that change was reverted).
thx a million!!