Buff Kennen's Movement Speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yodle

08-11-2011

Kennen's my main character, and I was pretty happy with the minor buff he got this patch, but there's one problem I see with him: his movement speed. I noticed a few times that right at the start of the game, he moves slower than most characters. My question is how can a "flippin' ninja" be slower than a tank or someone like Tryn? He should at least move as fast if not faster than them, especially since he is rather squishy. (Just as an example, with a team of Skarner, Tryn, Alistar, and Wukong, I was slower than all of them at the start except Alistar(I had 310, they had 320))

And yes, I know that his E increases his movement speed drastically, but only for a short time and with the high energy cost/cooldown it's only good for escaping ganks.

Myrmidont

08-11-2011

getting 600 ms from lvl 2 boots n his e is pretty nice though...maybe theres just a balance going on

I understand that being slow + having a mega move speed boost might just be balanced...what if he moved faster+super boosting speed?

Immortality

08-12-2011

No. Kennen does not need a movement speed increase...i mean it's not like he has a move to do that for him or anything...oh wait, yea he does.

Yodle

08-12-2011

I said I know Lightning Rush does that for him (600+ movement), but only for a short period of time. The argument I'm trying to make is his starting movement speed versus other champions doesn't make sense because he's supposed to be a ninja, and ninja's generally move quicker than other people. I would appreciate him being able to move just as fast as other champions at the start though.

idioSyncr4zy

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodle View Post
I said I know Lightning Rush does that for him (600+ movement), but only for a short period of time. The argument I'm trying to make is his starting movement speed versus other champions doesn't make sense because he's supposed to be a ninja, and ninja's generally move quicker than other people. I would appreciate him being able to move just as fast as other champions at the start though.
If Kennen had increased MS he would be incredibally OP. They would have to nerf his damage (especially his ult) to compensate. Personally I think Kennen's better off with his current MS and damage.

Halfaddict

08-12-2011

Please for the love of god nooooooooooooooooo

Already cannot catch Kennen.
Constantly stunned by Kennen.

Kennen needs no movespeed kthx

Yodle

08-12-2011

It still doesn't make sense to be a ninja that moves slower than everyone else without boots or items. Starting him out with 320 instead of 310 so that he at least matches everyone else is all I'm asking for

MarcusGraves

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodle View Post
It still doesn't make sense to be a ninja that moves slower than everyone else without boots or items. Starting him out with 320 instead of 310 so that he at least matches everyone else is all I'm asking for
the game isn't about sense though, its about balance. kennen is a mage and mages do lots of damage but just about all of them have that average amount of MS to keep them in check from fast burst hit and runs. it gives players a chance to actually catch them but kennen is one of the lucky few that has a skill to let him kinda ignore that

plus lightning rush also gives him at max 50 AR/MR resist which is pretty good and apply more storm marks for stuns

CamaHa

08-12-2011

Dude You're comparing ranged champ movement speed to melee champion movement speed.....
All melee champions have higher movement speed than ranged simply because they are originally at disadvantage. It's all about balance.

Lantagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

most ranged champs have lower movespeed