Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ryze what have you become?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhosYourDaddy98

05-08-2010

IMO ryze's spell flux is op if combinated with his ult since 5 bounces can hit one person dealing around 300 dmg per bounce

i have a proof

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2663/lol20100319160844.png

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7320/lol20100508205834.png

Leirkov

05-08-2010

Simple - don't face Ryze 1v1 when we all know you're playing the squishiest character in the game.

That's what tanks are for. "OMG A GUY IN MY PRISON RANGE LET'S RAPE HIM TEAM" -carry comes in and scores a triple kill on the team-

I main Ryze. If people get in your prison range then they deserve to be killed. You don't face someone 1v1 if they're clearly going to knock the **** out of you. Also, cleanse, mercury treads... don't be a squishy and try to take Ryze. It won't work.

Edit - Also, looking at the picture, if Spell Flux does that much to you, you freaking fed him or you stood next to him so he could bounce five times off of yourself. He's clearly stacked with AP and Magic Penetration (see: Void Staff and Mejai stacks)

Once you give Ryze enough AP + magic pen, it's gg in a team fight. Spell Flux will scare the hell out of the team once you throw it at them. Have your tank stack magic defense to be able to take a hit. There was a Shen I faced once who didn't stack magic defense, and went pure defense. I ripped through him like mince meat.

Edit2: Don't take what I said in the wrong context, I'm not calling Blitzcrank squishy (btw, how did you get raped by a Ryze as Blitz? Grab him into a gank.), and the other Ryze when you played him yourself clearly had a better build than you did.

Nashun

05-08-2010

You had low magic resist and Ryze had good AP items. What exactly are you expecting here dood?

Carados

05-08-2010

Wait

Why didn't you buy Merc Treads against Ryze and Karthus and Ashe?

Where is your Aegis of the Legion?

CoVi

05-08-2010

1 k damage in 2 spell flux over 13 seconds isn't that much seriouslly.

ValentinaLuna

05-08-2010

Interesting, going def and wondering why a Ryze kills you. Oo;;;

Priamos

05-08-2010

Err, you do know that Ryze has pretty bad AP scaling on his abilities, right? Only around .4 or so. Late-game, he becomes not-so-great. And if everyone has Mercs and Veils, he's not so great midgame either.

Midgame Ryze is a monster, since his abilities scale well with levels, but who says you have to fight him 1v1 midgame? Just try to harass him to stop his freefarming, and gank him if possible. Also smart Ryze players won't bug ranged DPS guys since Rune Prison was nerfed from a root to a snare. It's just too risky.

Every character is good at a certain point in the game. Dudes like Garen, Pantheon, and Teemo are great early game. Mages such as Annie, Fiddle, and Ryze tend to excel midgame. And of course, Jax rapes people late game. You can complain about how those characters are op, or you can wait for a time or place when your character shines, and then engage them.

Also that Ashe in that screenshot had a really fail build. No AD? lol

RoflTroll

05-08-2010

I was going to care slightly, but then I notice your second screenshot you were playing as Ryze too.

Then I stopped caring.

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-08-2010

So you failed to get any magic resist and complain that a caster is OP when he kills you? You're joking right?

Ketsumi

Recruiter

05-08-2010

30 magic resist. Its not even in green font, who do you think you're fooling?