Leavers and Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Droidnuts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

A huge problem i see with Dominion is if someone leaves or does not start right off the bat. I know it also ruins games on SR, but I'm guessing the impact will be much greater on Dominion. The reason for this is that the games are much shorter and the need to be all over the map seems to be much higher. One person can much more significantly gimp your team.

I don't know if anything can be done, but I believe this alone will cause huge trouble on the new map and am definitely not looking forward to it because of this.

Jinxx

08-11-2011

Leaving isn't so common that you should dread the release of a new map because of it. Maybe 1 in every 30 games or so I have a leaver or DC from the start. And MOST games with leavers in SR end up with a loss for the team with less people. It isn't like dota where a lot of times it actually increased your chance of winning. I doubt it will change much at all.

KFZ

08-11-2011

I too see a probably with leaving, and not DREADING the release of a new map, but worried. I see a lot more leavers and it definitely doesn't increase my chances of winning... In DOTA it did when someone left on my team, in this, no.. And in Dota they had Banlists so I'd never have to worry about leavers much and when I did I knew I wouldn't have to see them again. But the leaving factor does make me a little worried about Dominion.. I see it because I mainly see myself playing Dominion not only when my friends want to play but when I only have enough time for one shorter game, or I'm waiting for a friend to get out of a Summoner's Rift, something like that, and I definitely do not want to see that game go south because of a leaver on a capture and hold type game like Dominion when I need quantity just as much as quality. The fact that you think a capture and hold game type will not change if you are a man down is ridiculous.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxx View Post
Leaving isn't so common that you should dread the release of a new map because of it. Maybe 1 in every 30 games or so I have a leaver or DC from the start. And MOST games with leavers in SR end up with a loss for the team with less people. It isn't like dota where a lot of times it actually increased your chance of winning. I doubt it will change much at all.
Leavign not so common?
In elo hell every third game is decided by leaver on either side.

Blanic

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
Leavign not so common?
In elo hell every third game is decided by leaver on either side.
last time i play a ranked on SR it was like 3 vs 2, i was one the 2 but we win cause the other team one of them was feeding me alot and i was kat so you i guess you got an image of the teamfights, was so funny, the "press R to win" lol, but its not funny wining cause someone is cheating
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blanic the wave cleaner