Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What Tank Runes should I get?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HumpingFrog

05-08-2010

What runes should I get for a tank? I mainly play Mundo but my friend wants me to play Shen for pre-made so I might play both. I was thinking

Red: Not sure (If I play both Mundo and Shen then Armor Pen / M.Res is useless for one or the other)
Yellow: Dodge or Armor Per Level (Which one should I get?
Blue: M Res Per Level
Quint: No Idea (I see a lot of people suggested Flat HP)

Lynxion

05-08-2010

Marks: Armor Penetration ( Magic if Cho'Gath or Singed )
Seals: Dodge
Glyphs; Mana Regen or Magic Resistance/Level
Quintessences: Flat Health

TheHegemuffin

05-08-2010

Armor Pen isn't bad for Shen - he already packs quite the punch even without sustained DPS and there's no reason not to make him hit a little harder. MR is also too situational as far as tanking stats go, and it's something you can easily incorporate into a build later. Definitely Dodge over Armor - the most important aspect of dodge is that it will also delay on hit effects that could mean the difference between life or death in a chase - Blitzcrank's Power Fist, Jax's Empower or Ultimate, Ashe's Frost Arrows, etc.