Video Tutorial on Smart Casting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

I found out about Smart Casting last month and using it helped me improve my gameplay. Smart Cast is a different way to use your skills and it is much quicker than the default way. I originally made the tutorial for the New Players section of the forum. I remember the game being confusing when I was new so I kept that in mind when making the video. I hope you will like the tutorial and maybe you will try out Smart Casting after watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6GEagYbiCc

BamSucka

08-12-2011

Cool, I'll check it out.

JayInc

08-12-2011

I've always used smartcast... but all pros i've seen on stream don't use it... so i'm still wondering if its an advantage at all.

BTripp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

Pros use it all the time, it's just hard to notice sometimes when they do. Much more obvious when they don't use it.

I think it depends on the ability used as well. Things like Rumble's ult I doubt many people smartcast.

Nylian

08-12-2011

I use smart-casting, however I use it with the keyboard modifiers when I need it. It's nice to see where that cross map Ashe arrow is going to, or as some have mentioned, rumbles ult. But sometimes you just need it NOW. Too dependent on champ abilities to not have/use a modifier for it.

Nice video though, if nothing else will help someone to better their gameplay.

Duhizy

08-12-2011

is it really ok to change specific spells to smart cast instantly?wont you have to change the keybindings every game if you play different champs why not just put it to the alt button and just push it with your thumb when you want to smart cast lol just play veigar he can smart cast all of his abilities and it will help build muscle memory after around 5 6 games and your set for life for instant smart cast

Flawliss

08-12-2011

Smart cast is beast mode on malz, always get your combo off nice video should get stickied imo

JazzyOJ

08-12-2011

Thanks. That was very helpful