Ashe Item Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sick96stang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Been playing as Ashe for awhile now and think I have a pretty good item build but always looking for ways to improve. Any suggestions and why?

Item Build:
Dorans Blade
Berserkers Greaves
Zeal
Phantom Dancer
BF Sword
Infinity Edge
BF Sword
Infinity Edge
Giants Belt
Warmogs Armos
Giants Belt
Warmogs Armor

Xentorx

08-11-2011

no point having the 2 IE when the passive is unique.

TheMightyGabriel

08-11-2011

True that.
I would go like that :

Dagger
Berserk Greaves
Zeal
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
BloodThirster
BloodThirster

90% crit for 800 slowing enemies for 35% and stunning assassin if problem with ult. THAT is carry Ashe.

acosn

08-11-2011

Infinity Edge is your single best item in the game as Ashe. There's absolutely no reason to rush any other big ticket composite (IE: Phantom Dancer) before it.

You don't *need* maxed out crit, but if you wanted it, get it through either two phantom dancers, or a phantom dancer and an executioner's calling. Yes, you heard me. Executioner's Calling's activated ability can end up being the edge you need to kill a number of characters- Mordekaiser, Mundo, Tryndamere, Gangplank, and so on. Phantom Dancers can figure into Ashe's build, but there's absolutely no good reason to not have an IE as your first item every time.

Typical Builds look something like this:

Doran's Blade. If I have any reason to think this will be a harass heavy lane (IE: Cassiopia, Ryze, and so on) I buy boots instead. Most of the benefits of Doran's Blade are moot if your opponent can out run you, root you, and then smack you for that 100ish extra HP it gives.

Then I sit in lane till at least around 1100 gold (or rather, a pair of boots, and a crit cloak) then poke my head back out. I then try to save for the BF sword. If that doesn't happen, the pickaxe works just as well. Then it's a hard save for Infinity Edge. I only buy T2 boots first if people don't die often, or if I'm just not getting that much gold early enough.

Then you build into a phantom dancer.

Usually right around when I'm at zeal I need to take a good look at the team comps and decide whether I can go straight DPS or if I need to gear defense. Being flexible is important in this respect because most of Ashe's viability goes down the tubes if the other team has no problem going right for her and killing her dead. Ideally you'd just go straight DPS, but being practical that just doesn't happen. Usually this just means buying a Banshee's Veil so that you can negate something like Tryndamere's first mocking shout, Sion's stun, or what have you. Don't underestimate a cloak and dagger either. You're absolutely not buying merc treads on ashe. You either need that extra attack speed from zerker greaves, or the move speed that boots of swiftness gives.

From there it's a fairly open build- Blood Thirsters.

Sick96stang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbala01 View Post
True that.
I would go like that :

Dagger
Berserk Greaves
Zeal
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer
BloodThirster
BloodThirster

90% crit for 800 slowing enemies for 35% and stunning assassin if problem with ult. THAT is carry Ashe.
Problem here is that I would have very little life and very little armor so I would die easily. I realize Ashe is no tank but some survivability is needed. Suppose I could replace one of the Bloodthirsters with a Warmogs.

Sick96stang

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
Infinity Edge is your single best item in the game as Ashe. There's absolutely no reason to rush any other big ticket composite (IE: Phantom Dancer) before it.

You don't *need* maxed out crit, but if you wanted it, get it through either two phantom dancers, or a phantom dancer and an executioner's calling. Yes, you heard me. Executioner's Calling's activated ability can end up being the edge you need to kill a number of characters- Mordekaiser, Mundo, Tryndamere, Gangplank, and so on. Phantom Dancers can figure into Ashe's build, but there's absolutely no good reason to not have an IE as your first item every time.

Typical Builds look something like this:

Doran's Blade. If I have any reason to think this will be a harass heavy lane (IE: Cassiopia, Ryze, and so on) I buy boots instead. Most of the benefits of Doran's Blade are moot if your opponent can out run you, root you, and then smack you for that 100ish extra HP it gives.

Then I sit in lane till at least around 1100 gold (or rather, a pair of boots, and a crit cloak) then poke my head back out. I then try to save for the BF sword. If that doesn't happen, the pickaxe works just as well. Then it's a hard save for Infinity Edge. I only buy T2 boots first if people don't die often, or if I'm just not getting that much gold early enough.

Then you build into a phantom dancer.

Usually right around when I'm at zeal I need to take a good look at the team comps and decide whether I can go straight DPS or if I need to gear defense. Being flexible is important in this respect because most of Ashe's viability goes down the tubes if the other team has no problem going right for her and killing her dead. Ideally you'd just go straight DPS, but being practical that just doesn't happen. Usually this just means buying a Banshee's Veil so that you can negate something like Tryndamere's first mocking shout, Sion's stun, or what have you. Don't underestimate a cloak and dagger either. You're absolutely not buying merc treads on ashe. You either need that extra attack speed from zerker greaves, or the move speed that boots of swiftness gives.

From there it's a fairly open build- Blood Thirsters.
I might give this a try though I certainly like the added movement speed as well as the added attack speed and critical from zeal/phantom dancer early on. Makes farming much easier and some more speed to get out of harms way if need be.

Ragebeard Manric

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick96stang View Post
Been playing as Ashe for awhile now and think I have a pretty good item build but always looking for ways to improve. Any suggestions and why?

Item Build:
Dorans Blade
Berserkers Greaves
Zeal
Phantom Dancer
BF Sword
Infinity Edge
BF Sword
Infinity Edge
Giants Belt
Warmogs Armos
Giants Belt
Warmogs Armor
While Zerkers are an option it's usually more effective to take Merc Treads or Boots of Swiftness on Ashe because she is extremely reliant on positioning and getting caught with anything will usually kill you, but prevention is the best medicine, so Boots of Swiftness is the best option and I probably use them 90% of the time I play Ashe.

Building attack speed before damage means that you do no damage faster. You should always build damage first, attack speed as a secondary stat. This is one of the reasons why you usually see a BF Sword item before any attack speed on most AD carries. Furthermore, there is almost no situation where building two of one item is superior (you have two Infinity Edges, why?). Exchange that second Infinity Edge for an item with stats you can benefit from, since you're only getting partial stats from a second Infinity Edge because the passive is unique. A good second AD item can be Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver, Hexdrinker (if the team has lots of AP), or Last Whisper.

Warmogs isn't a great option on Ashe either. I'm not saying it wont give you survivability, but it's not very cost effective and it doesn't help her in her role at all (especially when you build two). Good survivability items for Ashe would be things along the lines of BVeil (remember how getting CC'd once will kill you? This is popular because hopefully the shield will block that critical CC, and MR helps you survive burst which is usually what kills you), Frozen Mallet (survivability + damage, + even more slows), Hexdrinker again for the shield, mr, and damage, or even Thornmail if there is a AD hyper carry like Tryn on the other team.

TheMightyGabriel

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick96stang View Post
Problem here is that I would have very little life and very little armor so I would die easily. I realize Ashe is no tank but some survivability is needed. Suppose I could replace one of the Bloodthirsters with a Warmogs.
I dont think you're right because:
1. You're ranged, you should be the person who deals all damage while careful about other dpsers.
2. You have 50% lifesteal, which gives you around 600 health per second (1.5 attack speed at 800 per attack). That is alot survivability for me, but again I may be wrong.

Eledhan

08-11-2011

Bottom line here...

DO NOT EVER RUSH PHANTOM DANCER!!!

Please don't ever do this.

So what you critical every 3 attacks?!?! You don't have enough AD to make that useful.

Grab yourself IE components first, then you can build Zeal if you're just SOLD OUT on buying PD early.

My Ashe guide, The Team Queen, could probably help you out. If nothing else, give it a read to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the Frost Archer. Guide linked below.

TheMightyGabriel

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Bottom line here...

DO NOT EVER RUSH PHANTOM DANCER!!!

Please don't ever do this.

So what you critical every 3 attacks?!?! You don't have enough AD to make that useful.

Grab yourself IE components first, then you can build Zeal if you're just SOLD OUT on buying PD early.

My Ashe guide, The Team Queen, could probably help you out. If nothing else, give it a read to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the Frost Archer. Guide linked below.

I think you're right. My idea of PD asap is not really useful. But you need to take into account the speed boost and the attack speed which are at least as good as the crit chances.
Anyways, IE is better than PD as a first item, you're right.