If i wanted to play this game mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digigigas

08-10-2011

i would just get back on guild wars and do alliance battles with 20+ people per team. imo this game mode will radically unbalance league as a whole because the same champions with the same skill kits will not be viable in all game modes.

Duce Jones

08-10-2011

Yup

Duce Jones

08-10-2011

You would like my post. "Disappointed" check it out. It got closed tho so you can't comment on it. Cus Riot was like "**** he has a point!"

ParallaxIsGod

08-10-2011

Well it would be nice to see some of the old champs that rarely get used make a comeback in Dominion. We can only wait and see how it all turns out but I'm not holding my breath.

SeventhStorm

08-10-2011

And so?

It's a free to play game. stop whining.

slusho

08-10-2011

not sure if troll. alliance battles only had 12 per team

SamoanChief

08-10-2011

Riot knows what it got itself into they prepared for the amount of time it would take to balance out these heroes, Which is why Riot has Heroes lined up to come out like they are on an assembly line.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-10-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce Jones View Post
You would like my post. "Disappointed" check it out. It got closed tho so you can't comment on it. Cus Riot was like "**** he has a point!"
Community downvotes them closed - we don't close threads unless they're way out of line in regards to something like blatant hate-mongering or something. Most people are excited about Dominion, and I'm sorry it's not something you might personally enjoy - we don't expect every single LoL player to enjoy it (though, we do expect most will).

As to the point, comparing another game's similar mode and making the same conclusions about Dominion, I think there's a lot of factors that differentiate Guild Wars' Alliance Battles and Dominion;

* Team size is the same as Classic. Alliance Battles suffered due to being massive 12v12 in a game that's balanced around gigantic fights that pace out over 10-15 minutes. League of Legends has a much faster game pace, and that combat pace is much more conducive to quick combats around capture points.

* The channeling capture mechanic allows for really fun baiting and peeling at capture points when multiple combatants are involved. This fits more cleanly with the LoL combat style than standing on the point to capture does (though that method works well in twitch-action games like FPS).

* The map size is carefully created to make travel times work. This is of utmost importance when designing a capture-and-hold mode to ensure the pacing is right, and that combats resolve and occur regularly.

ParallaxIsGod

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhStorm View Post
And so?

It's a free to play game. stop whining.
Haha

ParallaxIsGod

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
community downvotes them closed - we don't close threads unless they're way out of line in regards to something like blatant hate-mongering or something. Most people are excited about dominion, and i'm sorry it's not something you might personally enjoy - we don't expect every single lol player to enjoy it (though, we do expect most will).

As to the point, comparing another game's similar mode and making the same conclusions about dominion, i think there's a lot of factors that differentiate guild wars' alliance battles and dominion;

* team size is the same as classic. Alliance battles suffered due to being massive 12v12 in a game that's balanced around gigantic fights that pace out over 10-15 minutes. League of legends has a much faster game pace, and that combat pace is much more conducive to quick combats around capture points.

* the channeling capture mechanic allows for really fun baiting and peeling at capture points when multiple combatants are involved. This fits more cleanly with the lol combat style than standing on the point to capture does (though that method works well in twitch-action games like fps).

* the map size is carefully created to make travel times work. This is of utmost importance when designing a capture-and-hold mode to ensure the pacing is right, and that combats resolve and occur regularly.
oooooh you tell em morello!