Riot is Fooling Themselves...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Confusion567

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What this means is we focused on each possible type of champion role has a place and viability (such as Tank, Carry, Assassin, Mage, etc). By setting this up systematically from a role standpoint, it makes balancing and maintenance much easier.

Particular balance of X champion are things we'll have to deal with as we see what interesting strategies you guys discover, but our goal is to make sure something like "X type of champion is bad on Dominion" is something we've worked hard to avoid.
That's really clever, kudos on good design. That was the biggest problem with TT... It wasn't that Sona or Soraka or Janna were bad, it's that SUPPORT was bad (since they're a force multiplier, a smaller force = not a happy support). I'm glad to know that's resolved in Dominion =)

TheFunderstorm

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromaticity View Post
I don't see why it matters if certain champions are more viable on one map/mode compared to another, as long as they're not ultra trash never pick or something. I guess some people who really love champion X would QQ a lot of X was less viable in a different mode, but that's pretty silly.

If LoL continues to expand in terms of maps and game modes, I can foresee balancing becoming both more difficult and simpler, because at a point it doesn't matter if every champion is viable on every map. For example, if you have 100 champions and fifty are viable on each map, that's pretty **** good.
Just look at the forums. There is endless QQ over every champion that isn't viable and its understandable especially if you paid money. You would be mad if the champion you bought makes your team rage just by picking him.

Alch khh

08-11-2011

you guys speak like every champion is viable on SR to start with

if anything having a completely new game mode allows for a champion to be at least viable in something