Disappointed

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duce Jones

08-10-2011

"League of legends Dominion is the largest update, ever!" - Marc Merrill (President and Executive Producer)

It's sad that League of Legends largest update is a rip off of World of Warcraft's Arathi Basin battleground.

"Each game is about 20 minutes in length on average. We really feel that it captures alot of the awesome parts of classic league of legends." - Travis George (Lead Producer of LoL)

This quote really annoys me because Arathi Basin are awesome parts of classic WoW, not awesome parts of classic LoL. League of Legends, and Hereos of ******* is a re-amped cooler version of DotA, and thats why people play it.

My point is that most people play LoL and Hereos of ******* for DotA's gameplay not WoW's. What Riot is doing is mixing DotA gameplay with WoW game mode. Which is stupid. If I want to play Arathi Basin I can go and do that on WoW. If I feel like playing a good DotA game I go play LoL.

Dominion gameplay is also, going to be a lot easier than Arathi basin gameplay. Why? In LoL all you have is 6 keybinds. In WoW you have usually over 30+ if your good.

My word of advice to Riot is keep it simple stupid! Add in new maps of Summoners Rift not gameplay.

P.S. Really Riot do you really have to censor your Competition??? I've just lost all respect towards LoL and Riot when I previewed my post.

Manolith

08-10-2011

who cares what u say

MrPOPOrulkrilin

08-10-2011

I've never played arathi basin, but I think that you are missing parts of LoL, such as the joy of seeing your character get stronger right before your eyes

Duce Jones

08-10-2011

I'm 100% positive deep down Steve Feak, and Steve Mescon do.

DeadSkyy

08-10-2011

And WoW's Artahi Basin is a rip off of control on Team Fortress Classic. What are you getting at. You are just the same as all the other idiots thinking WoW is the first at everything. Let me guess you think every MMO created after WoW is a rip off of WoW too.

OP is real smart imo

Duce Jones

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPOPOrulkrilin View Post
I've never played arathi basin, but I think that you are missing parts of LoL, such as the joy of seeing your character get stronger right before your eyes
Yeah, thats DotA. Like I stated they are mixing gameplay of DotA with gamemodes of WoW.

Ellye

08-10-2011

Yeah, World of Warcraft invented capture point control, a game victory condition that has been around since tabletop wargames. It went twenty or so years back on time to invent it.

Riot is trying to expand and evolve the MOBA genre. Why should they forever live in the shadow of DotA? Can't they expand and explore new territory on their own? Do you really want MOBA games to be DotA clones forever?

SilentKalel

08-10-2011

i can agree to an extent, but the true goal is to extend the moba genre as a whole, ya it would be cool to see something like magma chamber and i hope they do it, and things like triwars (and i really hope they do that) but it is also really nice to see a whole diffrent game type in this genre...

and even if it is arathi basin it isnt really cause its with league champs, 5v5, and such so ya similar concept but the game play, meta, and all will be very diffrent and UNIQUE

all in all riot is doing a superb job with a few things they could focus or make better but i do not disagree with the route they have taken

SilentKalel

08-10-2011

i can agree to an extent, but the true goal is to extend the moba genre as a whole, ya it would be cool to see something like magma chamber and i hope they do it, and things like triwars (and i really hope they do that) but it is also really nice to see a whole diffrent game type in this genre...

and even if it is arathi basin it isnt really cause its with league champs, 5v5, and such so ya similar concept but the game play, meta, and all will be very diffrent and UNIQUE

all in all riot is doing a superb job with a few things they could focus or make better but i do not disagree with the route they have taken

Duce Jones

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSkyy View Post
And WoW's Artahi Basin is a rip off of control on Team Fortress Classic. What are you getting at. You are just the same as all the other idiots thinking WoW is the first at everything. Let me guess you think every MMO created after WoW is a rip off of WoW too.

OP is real smart imo
I'm not another idiot thinking WoW is the first at everything. I've heard from others that they would rather play AB than TFC. Blizzard took their idea and almost perfected it. Fool.

12345 ... 6