Caitlyn's range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrilean

08-10-2011

Call it qq if you want, but Caitlyn being able to outrange a turret while I stand a few feet behind is ridiculous. Especially before minions even spawn.

If I'm not being aggressive and standing behind a turret waiting for the actual game to start, should I be penalized once they do start for something completely beyond my control?

Please reduce her range.

PauIifer

08-10-2011

Ummmm, her range is set, she's mostlikely slower than you, so just stay out of her range.Unless you're talking about her predictable and easy to dodge Q she can't safely attack you while you're under your tower (Wait no she could also use her pathetic ult.)

Also please note her range is the same as Ashe's and other ranged carries/AP casters have just as good or better ways to harass while you're near tower. The thing these characters CAN'T do is dive you while all but ignoring the tower..

All in all, please learn to play.

Azkaellon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

I'm sure you're just talking about her q. Her autoattack can NOT hit you behind your turret without her getting hit.

Lancer37

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

I'm confused, are you claiming she can shoot a Turret with her basic attack and still be out of range of the turret? That's not true, I've played as Cait many times, I own her, and she can not do such a thing...

Aeolian Melodies

08-10-2011

Q? Dodge that, it's easy to see when she's going for it.

Auto-attack? She does not outrange turrets, or else she'd just farm towers without needing a minions wave with her, lol. She just pokes you once, goes back, pokes you, goes back, etc, before turret can lock on her. Every ranged can do that.

Kyle Strobel

08-10-2011

No I agree with first post her auto attacks/normal attacks are longer than the turrets distance

SakuraSammi

08-10-2011

Why the QQ about Cait's range and not Trist? Trist clearly out-ranges Cait

Skyward Svvord

08-10-2011

LOL THE FUNNIEST THING ABOUT THIS THREAD IS THAT NO ONE FROM BETA HAS COMMENTED ON IT LOL

well back in beta my young-uns when tristana was lvl 18 she could backdoor without receiving any damage she outranged turrets, any turrets, Caitlyn cant do that but I admit her range is pretty large lol

Aeolian Melodies

08-10-2011

By the way, no way in hell they are changing Caitlyn's range. Having long range is part of the character's concept, because Cait is a sniper. Sniper have uber range. Get it? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraSammi View Post
Why the QQ about Cait's range and not Trist? Trist clearly out-ranges Cait
Not right off the bat but yeah, eventually Tristana outranges Caitlyn. Also, people are QQing about Cait's range... really? Damage is all she has, you gotta allow her to do it from afar, or else she's dead meat.

Comparatively, Tristana (who, as you pointed, has even larger range) has an amazing AS steroid, a better escape (the net is ok, sure, but you gotta admit the jump is much better), and an ultimate which has a much greater impact than Caitlyn's. I'd take a knockback on Cait rather than a finishing move that can be blocked by anyone and their mother for an ultimate any time any day..

Wynrotar

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer37 View Post
I'm confused, are you claiming she can shoot a Turret with her basic attack and still be out of range of the turret? That's not true, I've played as Cait many times, I own her, and she can not do such a thing...

i just witness caitlin outrange a turret in my last match
so either its a glitch or shts ****ed up