Karthas, the pushing lich?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

**Sorry for the block of text, but I am having a lot of problem starting the next line here. Anyone knows why this might be? Is it because I'm using Firefox with scriptblocker addon or something? That has a tendency to screw up some other sites. Using his defile ability and a lot of life leech, it seems to me that Karthas makes one hell of a pusher. He can literally steamroll through an infinite amount of mobs without losing any health or mana within a blink of an eye using Defile, and life steal item. I was trying him out today just to see how it goes. What I ended up doing is: Activate defile, run into a group of enemy (I have 3x12% life steal item), wait until they are down to about 20% hp, deactivate defile, and spam Lay Waste on the enemies. By the end of it, I emerge with full hp, and full mana (refilled by killing enemies after Defile is deactivated). Of course you gain all the gold from enemies killed too. This allow for me to buy even more stuff. Will it be possible to build him up as a semi-tank, considering that he can outheal nearly anything so long as there are mobs around? As for stats, I'm thinking a lot of HP and AP. This should give him extra HP to stay alive until the life draining kicks in, and so long as Defile does enough damage, you won't have to worry about mana. As for summoner spell, I used Ghost as my ability to make sure that he has the freedom to rush around and drain life unimpeded. Will it be better to use Flash? What's the cooldown for each one? Also a few more question: What does Defile scale with, and how much? I tried throwing some AP in, but the damage doesn't seem to change.

Mr Tibbers

09-10-2009

If you want life, Rod of Ages would be a good idea for both Health and AP.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

Cool. I'll look into that item. Do you know how much it costs?

Lollerman

09-10-2009

Wait, Defile + Lifesteal? And here I thought I found another battle/tank lich user...

Lifesteal shouldn't work with Defile - if it does, it's a bug - so there goes your plan... and for the record, Defile has a 5:1 AP:damage ratio, i.e. it takes 5AP to +1Damage on Defile.

Xocolatl

09-10-2009

So how do you do it then? It at least worked when I was in practice game earlier. So that's a bug then? I'm a sad puppy now. Has it been reported, or should I post it up on the bug report forums now?

Lollerman

09-10-2009

You probably didn't even get hit; try testing it again.

I'll test it too; in this game it's possible to get 100% lifesteal since it stacks additively, so it shouldn't be too hard to notice that you're stealing 0% of Defile's insane damage.

BRB testing.

Edit: yes, Defile doesn't work with lifesteal.

But still, doesn't mean a Lich with lifesteal sucks completely; I managed to jungle really easily with Defile/Waste and a bit of lifesteal on the side.