So how exactly do we play Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brian218

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

I watch the trailer but i don't really understand and why are there a red and a green bars at the top

Yaezakura

08-10-2011

I'll give a basic rundown of how the game works.

You have 5 "control points" around the map. When you approach a control point, you can channel a spell for a few seconds to capture it for your team--multiple champions makes the point capture faster.

Each team starts with 500 points that represent the health of their nexus. When your team controls more capture points than the enemy team, their nexus health will start dropping, and the more points you control, the faster it drops. If you control 3 and they control 2, they only lose one point per second--however, if you control 4 and they only control 1, they lose 3 points per second--the more control points you own over your opponents, the faster they lose.

There is no way to ever restore your nexus health. Once it's damaged, it will never recover. All you can do is try to capture more points to stop your health from draining, and start putting that damage on the opponents instead.

OmySpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

To clarify, when Yae says 'channel a spell' to capture, it means you select the capture point (probably attack it) and your champion will begin to channel/capture. It isn't an ability type thing. (Yaezakura knew what he meant, I just didn't want there to be confusion)

To add to his great rundown, there are also new pickups on the Crystal Scar that will heal you a little, or give you a speed boost. There are no neutral creeps, but minions will spawn between any two points owned by opposing teams. Also, the Quest system from Battle Training has been implemented, so that during a game of Dominion a Quest will pop up at a certain time (such as, Capture the top point, or hold 4 points at once, or something) and whichever team completes the Quest first will instantly do extra damage to their enemies' nexus.

A few items have been removed for Dominion, and a few new ones have been added. In Dominion, everyone starts out at Level 3 with extra gold, everyone gets EXP and gold more quickly, death timers are shorter, and Recall works faster.

Basically everything is sped up and the goal is to run around the whole map capturing any points held by the enemy while defending points you control. The enemy will be everywhere as well, so there should be lots of fighting going on all the time.

issfire

Game Designer

08-10-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmySpy View Post
Also, the Quest system from Battle Training has been implemented, so that during a game of Dominion a Quest will pop up at a certain time (such as, Capture the top point, or hold 4 points at once, or something) and whichever team completes the Quest first will instantly do extra damage to their enemies' nexus.
Quests are dynamically generated capture point objectives that are generated based on the situation on the map. They always involve two adjacent and oppositely owned points.

Confusion567

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post
They always involve two adjacent and oppositely owned points.
We got an always! Guys, look, it's hard details! Somebody tell the "comprehensive look" guy!

Ethalkynn

08-10-2011

Also, the map is shaped like a circle. The outer ring is always visible. There are no wards in Dominion. Minions spawn from points when you capture them.

Phrixscreoth

08-10-2011

Dear lord, this is going to make backdoring interesting, methinks. Even if the champ's dps isn't high, if their movespeed is high it will be a great advantage.

Ruduen

08-10-2011

That's actually quite informative in comparison to the general term "Quests".

MagicMyshu

08-10-2011

I'm switching to dominion play for sure. I'm so tired of being chained to a lane vs some turret hugging tank who has no intention of fighting for 20 mins straight.

Soreasan

08-10-2011

This sounds really fun, although with quests, five control points, and only 20 minute games I'm reminded of World of Warcraft with their quests and battlegrounds lol. It's not a bad thing mind you but that's what I'm reminded of.