@Riot: Ranked Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xoxo pLexxy

08-10-2011

Will we get a ladder?

zBuBu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

bump for answer

Pangurassu

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxo pLexxy View Post
Will we get a ladder?
They've stated that there will be ranked play for Dominion, but not right away. The general idea is that when the map goes live, everyone and their dog will be struggling to figure out how to play on the map, what works/doesn't, what champs rock hardest, best team comps, etc etc.

In these circumstances, rankings would be pretty much meaningless. Guardsman Bob would be sub-1200, while Joe Blow summoner who stumbled his way through all his games with Revive/Rally and no clue what he was doing would be sitting above 2000 ELO. No point in grading people on throwing things against the wall to see what sticks. Riot's going give people around a month+ to figure things out and THEN institute a ladder.

SlothKing

08-11-2011

I can see the reason for waiting for a ranked ladder for dominion. Could be quite a difference from what we currently are used to..

Unknown Menace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

would be more fun to play ranked dominion also

sarinomu

08-11-2011

I think ranked Dominion should only be Premade. Then you have the best teamwork and stuff

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-11-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Eventually. We want the balance to be well established and strategies to be understood by most active players prior to doing so.

Boobah

08-11-2011

Ya I think giving the players sometime to figure it out how the map works and the best strategy is a good idea, rather than just putting ladder mode out there and have everyone just be stuck at low elos

xoxo pLexxy

08-11-2011

thanks for the reply, zileas. makes perfect sense to me!