Jungle Taric (WTF?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaeltheras

05-07-2010

Ok, after trying out dps taric http://www.leagueoflegends-wiki.com/...the-gem-knight
i found it to be actually pretty fun and semi effective. I noticed that with his passive Gemcraft, which turns 7.5% of his dmg into mana and his passive armor skill along with his heal, there is the possibility of a jungle taric. When you stack attack speed and dmg, he is a decent melee carry with beast sustainability. With his ulti Radiance and Rally, late game jungling/tower stomping is no problem, but is it possible to jungle efficiently at lvl1? When i compared his base stats to that of Warwick's, Taric actually has better stats at lvl1.

After various tests, I was almost able to kill golem/lizard at lvl 1. Then again, I dont have a full book of runes. My current runes are around 20% attack speed for him.

The items I got was lifesteal and i also tried attack speed dagger. And I tried getting either heal or armor as my first skill.

I know for certain at lvl 2, I was able to kill golem/lizard with the help of rally and smite. And once I got Malady's, Jungling was no problem. Now, some of you may think I am ******ed to think of this and maybe I should stick with support/tank Taric, but imagines the possibilities of having to solo laners such as ashe and TF and Taric jungling. The other team is going to be like, WTF, and all of a sudden you pop out at lvl 3-4 with lizard buff and stun, WHACK WHACK, kill then push the tower in with ashe/TF.

Hopefully you pro junglers out there can give me some tip and you theorycrafters can come up with something that works.

Goride

05-07-2010

Do what you are doing except, get cloth armor and HP pots. You might need a mana one too. Take Imbue. Pop the HP pot right away.

It will help if you take the less damage from minions mastery, but it isn't necessary. Also, you will want the extra xp% for jungling, as well as the extra buff length.

kaeltheras

05-07-2010

Cloth armor? So like Warwick early game build? That might work.

Krosan

05-07-2010

I may have to try this. The big issue is that Taric doesn't have the real OH MY GOD IT'S TARIC powers that other primary junglers do. Warwick can pop out of the brush, ult somebody, and they melt; Fiddlesticks can Crowstorm out of the brush, flash onto the laners, then fear/silence them for the double kill. I imagine Taric's biggest contribution in the jungling sense would be threefold: first, the solo xp for his lane partner; second, the benefit of having a roaming healer, since he could just pop in on lanes in need and stick around long enough to drop an Imbue or two, and second, as a sudden push-strength surge (oh, they managed to snap up one of the laners? Now I'll run in, Radiance, and we'll have the tower down to gravel before he spawns while his partner watches the show.)

I'm going to try this later, I think. Maybe in a practice game, though, just to try it out at first. I think starting with Imbue would be best, as opposed to the Shatter start I usually make for laning. Focusing Shatter would be a good idea, still, though... go for some aspd, some damage...

He would probably be a bit weaker lategame, though. Maybe. I can't see Taric as being that good of an actual DPS, but he could be a beastly hybrid, and him popping out of the bushes would certainly melt a lane's tower.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

It's a pretty standard build. Start with Mardred's, then get a boot. You don't need lifesteal item for Taric because he can heal himself so long as he is attacking.

The only problem with jungling Taric is that he's not healing his teammates in lane, which I feel is a real waste of opportunities.

I generally go for Mardred's Razor, Berserker boots (yeah, I'm dumb), Catalyst, Wit's End (yes, double dumb), finish up either Banshee or Innervating Locket (triple dumb), and then finish Mardreds.

The good thing about this build is you will have ample of attack speed, so you can keep on healing yourself and your team like a mad man. You also have relatively OK HP, good AR and MR, which turn you into a pretty good offtank.
If the game is not over by then, I usually go for Rylai or Nashor for extra oomph in my heals.

At any rate, be prepared to have your whiney teammate hating you for it though. A lot of people don't like it when Taric don't build himself to be super tanky and feed them kills.

turtlejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

Quote:
OH MY GOD IT'S TARIC
I loled.

fadeizzle

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
OH MY GOD IT'S TARIC
Truly, truly outrageous.

Kushmeyer2

Master Recruiter

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan
OH MY GOD IT'S TARIC
OH MY GOD IT'S TEE-- Oh he died.

kaeltheras

05-08-2010

Pink Taric FTW