Question: will achievements be released with Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deku Tree Jr

08-10-2011

It seems completely natural to me that achievements would be released with Dominion. The game mode would fit quite nicely with a lot of various achievements, and the quest system currently implemented seems to complement achievements quite well.

Just for a quick example: "Working Part Time: Complete 5 in-game quests"
or maybe: "Around the World: Successfully capture all five points throughout the game"

Or whatever. There already is an awesome thread dedicated to making up achievements, and they've got an impressive list going for Summoner's Rift, and for individual characters. Check it out here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=achievements

So my question is simply, will achievements be released with Dominion?

Steelflame

08-10-2011

lol, perhaps they could fit, but not exactly expecting them. This is RIOT dude, they almost never do anything extra if they can help it it seems. That, and look at thier track record for things like Replays and such...

Wonderbolts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Tree Jr View Post
It seems completely natural to me that achievements would be released with Dominion. The game mode would fit quite nicely with a lot of various achievements, and the quest system currently implemented seems to complement achievements quite well.

Just for a quick example: "Working Part Time: Complete 5 in-game quests"
or maybe: "Around the World: Successfully capture all five points throughout the game"

Or whatever. There already is an awesome thread dedicated to making up achievements, and they've got an impressive list going for Summoner's Rift, and for individual characters. Check it out here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=achievements

So my question is simply, will achievements be released with Dominion?
good suggestion

Šneeks

08-10-2011

My problem with achievements in this game...

People wouldn't care about team comp. You'd have people picking someone just for the achievement and insta lock (more than they do now). People would queue dodge 10x more often, and you would never get into a game.

Don't get me wrong, achievements are great. I just can't see them working well with LoL.

SamoanChief

08-10-2011

If the people are trying to earn achievments and insta lock a hero then they have to have some kind of skill witht that hero and whatever your reasoning is for queue dodging Your going to have to wait a couple of extra seconds? The cons that you have listed are supremely outweighed by the pros. Lawyer-ed

Deku Tree Jr

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeeeeeeeeel View Post
My problem with achievements in this game...

People wouldn't care about team comp. You'd have people picking someone just for the achievement and insta lock (more than they do now). People would queue dodge 10x more often, and you would never get into a game.

Don't get me wrong, achievements are great. I just can't see them working well with LoL.
Well, first of all, there's been a grayed-out "achievements" tab for quite some time, so I DO believe Riot intends to release them at some point. However, to solve the instant lock / queue dodge problem, I think there are various ways to avoid unnecessarily incentivizing earning achievements. Points and portraits would be a perfectly appropriate reward, I feel, with no extra special character skins as bonuses or things of that nature.

So I have two suggestions to combat the problem, one, no individual character achievements (which personally, I would dislike), or two, design achievements to literally combat the problem itself.

For example, "Sweet Composition!: Play 25 games with a tank, support, carry, jungler, and dps" (any decent comp would do, this is just an example of course)

But honestly, no matter if achievements exist or not, when people want to play Ashe, Vayne, and Miss Fortune in the same game, then dammit, you better believe they will insta lock.