Presenting the Summoner's Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omegon

05-07-2010

These codes are funny. The funniest one:
Show Humility in Victory, and Grace in Defeat

lol.

The Summoner's Code, a delusional man's dream.

iPhantom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsaber View Post
I refuse to adhere to these rules so long as the game is not rated M for mature and kids are not allowed on it. Nope, young-stupid "uncouth youths" will never follow these rules, so I will not put for the effort to do so. They don't have the mental capacity to understand and change in view of the goodness of others, that comes at about 22 in my opinion.
And the more people there are with that mindset, the more the negative behavior is encouraged. As the Code says, we must lead by example. The more the "uncouth" see how immature they really are next to us, they'll cut the ****. it isn't that difficult.

Besides, this "code" should already have been things you were doing. The only difference is now it is written.

Ryushii Cross

05-07-2010

Quote:
Leave No Newbie Behind!

“Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
We all started somewhere, and if we’re going to do justice to the people who helped us move up the ladder, we have to start by paying homage to our roots. If you see a player having a bad game, or who clearly doesn’t grasp the fundamentals of the genre, try offering some constructive advice. If you do so in a civil and friendly manner, it’s likely that they will be receptive. Oftentimes they’ll be downright grateful that somebody took the time to let them know how to improve instead of yelling at them.
Never get frustrated by an inexperienced player’s performance. At some point, you were just as green as they were, even if it was the day that you downloaded the League of Legends client. Have a little patience, and try and help the player step up to a level where both of you can enjoy the game. At the same time, don’t be discouraged if they aren’t receptive. Some small percentage of players will get hung up on the notion that they don’t need anybody’s help, and, no matter how politely you try to lend a hand, they won’t want to hear it. That’s no reason to give up on the rest of them!
I honestly cant stress this one enough. Nothing sickens me more when some guy just gets constantly beaten verbally by his own team for making 1 or 2 mistakes and ends up behind. Everybody has bad games and everybody has problems in some areas. thats not an open invitation for some ****** to just tongue-lash them to no end. If you arent going to be nice to yoru team, then dont chat at all. Period

Mikhiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

I hereby swear,

To uphold and honor this code as I always have. To be the best summoner I can be.

Suro

05-07-2010

This is why LoL is the best game!
I pledge to honor this code and follow the Way of the Summoner.

Bekko

05-07-2010

Really cool code, i follow some of the rules, the part about not leaving the newbie behind is hard lol.
I'm sure im not the only one who rages when a newbie over feeds but from now on i will (try) to help them more and show them some tricks. ( i may fail but i will try) =P

Altámbo

05-07-2010

Everyone has to know these codes before the read them and besides the ones who dont listen is the newbies not the one who tries ^ ^!

Frappucino

05-07-2010

Isn't the code more like guide lines = p.. parlay!
Anyhow the Code must be followed!

Udontgnome

05-07-2010

I prefer the code of the sith

But I guess I could give it a shot

DeathKontrol

05-07-2010

Wow you know i really hate you guys. i cannot believe that you just wrote 6 pages dedicated to telling people on the internet nothing but "talk nice to each other and dont use harsh language". you know what that is severly f*cked up. i am an american and i support my right to free speech and i will speak how i please, ESPECIALLY if my language is harsh. and the problem isnt even that you got some rules in there about not sh*t talking, the problem is that EVERY SINGLE RULE YOU JUST WROTE SAYS INDIRECTLY, "DONT TALK SH*T". YOU DIDNT EVEN MAKE ANY REAL RULES YOU JUST REPEATED 9 TIMES OVER "STOP TALKING SH*T TO EACH OTHER". really f*ck you guys i can talk sh*t all i want thats part of my born right and thats part of my right in turning the language filter off.

oh and seriously f*ck all you idiots who keep responding "I WILL HONOR THIS CODE". i hate you all. your the idiots who just put goody goody cr*p every single time riot comes out with updates even if its cr*p like "WERE CREATING A NEW SKIN TO TURN TEEMO BLUE AND IT WILL ONLY COST 200 DOLLARS". think for your own d*mn selves get a mind of your own.

and thats right, i cuss. in game i have the filter off and thats part of my right to express myself. deal with it.