How can I be effective with Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreicus

05-07-2010

I know that Jax becomes pretty powerful during the game. But early game it is hard to do much without range or a good defence. Anyone have any to tips?

Happy Campr

05-07-2010

Play it safe.

Choose your moments to attack and use your leap as an intiator.

You should be safe to start attacking around level 6 as you have your ult and always use exhaust on your target.

Pick the lowest hp one and lay into it. If you can do it as he runs into enemy minions do it as they will attempt to hit you and give you the dodge passive.

Mana is important as Jax so keep an eye on it.

Johnny Napalm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2010

When in doubt, start with Doran's Shield.

Pick your lanes properly. Never solomid. Nunu, Kassadin, and Panth are a pain to lane against early on because of their heavy harasses and their tough harassbility. Any hero with an easy self-heal is a pain to lane against too, but not quite as much.

If you're against a hero that's easy to harass, use it to your advantage - queue up an empower>leap(>CS if you've got the mana), then run away. Most people won't chase, but it's important taht you let the other team know you are willing to hit them - otherwise, as Jax, you WILL be forced to hug your tower, you WILL be starved for gold, you WILL be outfarmed, and you WILL underperform.

LOL LAST HIT but it is common knowledge by now. Just walk in, smack some *****, then slip out.

At six, this gets even better. You should have a tabi. Get some mob agro, get the CS orb, and then empower>leap>CS. It hurts your mana pool, but you'll get a guaranteed three swings, proccing UA, and that mean burst damage will scare anyone but a tank off. Lane hard, push Rageblade, and respond to your team's help when it's needed. Just follow a few simple rules.

1) NEVER initiate without checking your mana and health. If you're below 40%, there's a very good chance the other two enemies will just kill you. If you're at 120 mana, don't empower. If you're below that, don't initiate (unless a kill is guaranteed)
2) NEVER let the enemies think you will stand back and let them farm your lane. You may be weak early game, but you'll be weak all game if you let them walk over you.
3) NEVER charge into a fight without your teammate coming in too. You can initiate in the laning phase, but you shouldn't ever try to win a fight alone.

Exothermic Kiwi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

tabi>rageblade>faceroll

Seiuchi

05-08-2010

Don't die until you have Tabi and Rageblade. Then you can die all you want because you're going to take three or four enemies with you each time.

Temlam

05-08-2010

if you are against a garen, lane change :P

FlyingPanda3

05-08-2010

do some laning and when you get tabi just go jungle if you have trouble in the lane

iMerk

05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temlam View Post
if you are against a garen, lane change :P
huh? if im lanining against garen in my lane i manage to faceroll him all the time his silence doesnt really affect me, after he's done super hero spinning he jus auto attacks or runs and his attacks miss most of the time so i dun c the problem in that lol

as for the question pretty wat much everyone said is right play it safe till u have ur tabi/rageblade and u eventually start instant ownin