Q&A - New Rune System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stealthy

09-01-2009

It would be very nice, if a player could customize the names of the Runebook pages i.e. from "page 1" to "caster setup" "Damage setting" "Tank Runes" and so on ....

Kaitor

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthy View Post
It would be very nice, if a player could customize the names of the Runebook pages i.e. from "page 1" to "caster setup" "Damage setting" "Tank Runes" and so on ....
You can do it, just click on the name.

And btw afaik this rune system still pretty rough, alot more will be done

Igbeard

09-01-2009

I honestly believe that the rune system is the weakest link in LoL. If anything in LoL is going to turn players away it's going to be the rune system.

It's not fun.

It's unbalanced.

Combining runes is tedious.

Too many garbage runes.

30 runes is far too many.

These types are games are already EXTREMELY unfriendly to new players. Combine that with runes + talents and you have a serious problem.

Advancing your summoner level should be about increasing your customization choices. It shouldn't be about making your character twice as strong as a new player who is already worse than you. The talent tree already gives veteran players a SIGNIFICANT advantage.

A suggestion would be limit the slots to something more manageable such as five. Turn runes into cards and allow player trading. Let players have access to five cards at level one and unlock different cards as they level up and play games.

DiZasteR

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullduggerman View Post
These types are games are already EXTREMELY unfriendly to new players. Combine that with runes + talents and you have a serious problem.
really, this shouldnt be much of a problem if the game goes live, except maybe the first few days. The first few days experienced and new people will still be together with matchmaking but after that, the newer will be playing with the newer and experienced with experienced, if the matchmaking works that is. It doesn't work so well in the beta because of lack of players.

DarkUgaBugga

09-04-2009

This sounds intresting I look forward to playing around with my runes in game now Thanks for the info I hadn't got a clue about these before.

TheArrow

09-07-2009

thanks, i doesnt understood the runes mechanic before read it =D

p 4 n

09-11-2009

i don't know if i anyone has post this little trick before but you are able to have quite more runes then 90, simple press get tier 3 runes and then close "get runes" - open again and click fast on "get tier 3 runes" and you will get more and more without any border!
I hope nobody will be angry because of this entry but maybe it will be patched soon!

Gre

Deadly Paradox

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by p 4 n View Post
i don't know if i anyone has post this little trick before but you are able to have quite more runes then 90, simple press get tier 3 runes and then close "get runes" - open again and click fast on "get tier 3 runes" and you will get more and more without any border!
I hope nobody will be angry because of this entry but maybe it will be patched soon!

Gre
This can cause your account to be closed down due to the excess runes. I suggest not doing it.

Hand of Might

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha View Post
*******http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2268/2128876897_6f2c8dd0bb.jpg?v=0********

he will eat you all
Win!

Atomizer742

10-28-2009

Um, so where is this mystery "get runes" button? Ive looked all over the place but cannot find it(yes, I have obviously looked on the rune page)