Q&A - New Rune System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

beek

08-04-2009

The designers should rename the marks, seals, quintessences, etc to:
Red Rune
Blue Runes
Yellow Runes
Black Runes

People are going to call them that. This FAQ calls them that. Don't kid yourself, quintessences?

I would specifically mention the (primary) (secondary) descriptors. So people know that secondary means 1/3rd power since it is not a good rune for its color.

Also mention T3 is better than T2 and T1.

Its weird that Primary (1) is better than secondary (2) in one case and Tier 2 is better than Tier 1 in the other case. Either low numbers should be best or high numbers should be best in both cases.

Anyways great work on this game. DotA done right.

Cyclone

08-12-2009

can you return runes in any way? i just grabbed random ones and now i stuck with them. is there a way i can return them to get different ones? i wanna stack certain stats but all my runes are a bunch of random stats.

Tokwana

08-24-2009

Needs a delete rune button, at least as long as we get random runes.

Other than that, very solid system base!

Nubiaterising

08-27-2009

The Rune system gives great depth,thanx for the info.

Tribalsoul

08-30-2009

If I get random runes when I click "get runes" or if I combine them, then how do all these summoner's manage to get all of the same tier 3 rune per color in their book?

realquizm

08-30-2009

Love this factor to gamplay!... dunno if anyone said anything but i cannot see all my e.g red runes(marks)... so i see different collections when i turn page^^
ppl have surely metioned it in other threads but anyways

Thistledown

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribalsoul View Post
If I get random runes when I click "get runes" or if I combine them, then how do all these summoner's manage to get all of the same tier 3 rune per color in their book?
Patience and luck.

Mace

08-30-2009

I didnt read the entire forum (who has time! i gotta play more LoL!) but doesnt it make sense if you can have three rune books to be able to have 3 masterie builds?

mAdaL

08-31-2009

Really helpfull! Thanks

Baulien

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
I didnt read the entire forum (who has time! i gotta play more LoL!) but doesnt it make sense if you can have three rune books to be able to have 3 masterie builds?
Not necessarily...the Masteries are to set your primary play style, the Runes are to enhance different Hero builds. That's how I see it, at least.