Q&A - New Rune System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunnermage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2010

runes ever going to cost riot points?

Would be flippin sweet if it were to happen :P

Blackmantis

02-04-2010

We could really use three rune pages for the rune book, or even five. It is a BOOK and there's not much of a reason to not have at least one more page available for customization. The system enables and promotes customization but limiting to 2 archetypes and/or 2 heroes (jax for example) almost defeats the purpose.

I wouldn't care if you could have a page for every hero, it'd be fine by me. But at least give us some breathing room.

BankBank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmantis View Post
It is a BOOK and there's not much of a reason to not have at least one more page available for customization.
riot server space :P~

psyc

02-10-2010

are they really random?

i tried to combine a certain 5 runes and it failed multiple times when i retried

Selenitis

02-24-2010

Hi, can anyone let me know what the rune caps are? I heard somewhere that dodge caps at 10% - getting 12.5% would reduce it to 10%.

Does this affect any other rune type?

FreeBeers

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenitis View Post
Hi, can anyone let me know what the rune caps are? I heard somewhere that dodge caps at 10% - getting 12.5% would reduce it to 10%.

Does this affect any other rune type?
I'd like to hear the answer to that too....I'd also like some clarification on the word 'random'. Is it completely random (i.e.- 3 blue t2 runes could produce a random red t2 rune?)..I spent a ton of IP last night getting +crit dmg and +crit % chance and then just because I was curious...stuck them in the cominber, and I swear I ended up with like 0.50 mana per level or something. Not only did this make me feel like going back to dota after dumping my IP for nothing, but completely ruined my interest in the rune system.

Gangrean

03-01-2010

I knew the combiner would give a random outcome. What i didn't know was that an unable to save error was part of the chances and after the error there seems to be another random chance where you lose all runes involved.

Is this a bug or something?

Marilith

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRedstripe View Post
I'd like to hear the answer to that too....I'd also like some clarification on the word 'random'. Is it completely random (i.e.- 3 blue t2 runes could produce a random red t2 rune?)..I spent a ton of IP last night getting +crit dmg and +crit % chance and then just because I was curious...stuck them in the cominber, and I swear I ended up with like 0.50 mana per level or something. Not only did this make me feel like going back to dota after dumping my IP for nothing, but completely ruined my interest in the rune system.
It might not be totally random. Thought it roughly is. Try looking at the primary/secondary colors and checking your "mix" when you are combining. As the first post said, early on it's completely random while later you can get certain packs of runes.

I think the mixture of the primary/secondary can determine your color and it's primary and secondary that comes out.

Just an early guess though. Haven't tried it out very much.

And I also didn't read all the pages of the thread, maybe someone has mentioned this already.

Vexat

03-16-2010

extremely helpful T-up

Greevès

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRedstripe View Post
I'd like to hear the answer to that too.....

Me 2 lol

If i got all AP runes would the bonus cap at some point even though before battle is says plus X % ability power etc?