How to ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zahkara

4 Weeks Ago

Hey guys I'm new to the ADC role and I'd like to how to play it properly so I know more roles on top of support. Just some advise on what to do and what to build. Like which items to get and which one to rush. I have Sivir, Tristana, Twitch, and Teemo for ADC. I'm more interested in playing Tristana and Sivir btw.

jjjj4rd

4 Weeks Ago

I would advise getting Lucian, imo hes better than Sivir. Tristana is a good choice though.
For general strategies, just know how to last hit, know when to disengage from a skirmish, and ward bushes if your support doesnt have wards with them at that moment.
Build wise, if you are aiming for that late game monster adc you build Infinity Edge, Stattik Shiff, Last Whisper. If you want sustain, go Blade of the Ruined King, maybe Bloodthirster, and Trinity Force.

GuiltDragon

4 Weeks Ago

You should take the time to learn the support role. As an ADC you are going to have to work with support players every single game. You may as well learn what they have to do and how you can make their life easier.

Zahkara

4 Weeks Ago

I do know support role. It's my main role.

Y0UB133DR3D

4 Weeks Ago

yeah get lucian he's good to learn with.

practicing support helps loads too

Melvear

4 Weeks Ago

Sivir and Trist are fine picks. Sivir has her shield to ward off CC which can be extremely valuable, and her poke and wave clear is great with Q and W. Ult is probably the weakest part of her kit.

As an adc, your role is to deal constant damage. Your role is *not* to destroy the enemy carries. You stand at the back of the fight and you shoot the closest target to you. If it's a tank, so be it. You're probably the only one who can kill him anyway. If you have a choice between a tank and someone with more damage and/or squishier, than sure, you go for them. Just don't put yourself in the thick of a fight to shoot someone more "important".
Keep yourself safe, and if someone tries to dive you, self peel if you can, dash or jump away if you can't, and go towards an ally or a turret. Running away from sources of help is usually a safe way to kill yourself.

Items for most adc is the same. IE, Shiv or PD, LW, BT, Zerker and GA or Banshee. Some champions can get away with building Ghostblade instead of Shiv or PD, either because they already have great attack speed or because they benefit more from additional AD, cdr and armor pen. Vayne and Twitch often build Blade of the Ruined King instead of BT because it builds on their strength as duelist and the fact that they both have/want high attack speed anyway.
In terms of build order, unless I can't afford a BFS because I got killed in lane or just had to back before I get killed, I rush IE, slipping in boots 1 and maybe a vamp scepter in there. Attack speed item is second, followed by last whisper. Don't delay LW too much. It's better to have it and not "really" need it than to have IE+BT+PD and not dealing much damage to half their team because they got major armor items. After these 3 items+boots, evaluate if you need defense (getting dove in teamfight? get a GA. Getting picked off by long range CC? position better and get yourself a Banshee or Mercurial Scimitar) or if you can keep going glass (get/finish BT).

In terms of laning advice, I'd highly suggest you look up leaguecraft 101 on youtube for his bot lane video. He goes in details with bot lane mechanics and has in-game examples to illustrate his points.

Stay alive!

TubbyTuba

4 Weeks Ago

Sivir is a good ADC for new players:
-Really Good wave clear/Cs
-Good AoE
-Good movement speed buff
-Good kiting
-Easy mechanics

What more could you want?

ilovep13

4 Weeks Ago

Ive played Lucian, he was fun, but i thought tristana was better though, Im a new player and i like ADC

RattyRattail

4 Weeks Ago

I think the best champion to just learn ADC with is Caitlyn. Super easy lane against almost any opponent and allows you to really focus on last hitting as well as harassing other champions.

Tristana is super good as long as you can get out of the laning phase unscathed. Most games see her banned lately though.
Corki is also a good pick, his build is a little different than most others ADC so do some research.
Lucian is solid.
Vayne is good as well as long as you can survive the laning phase. Very short ranged ADC champ.
Caitlyn, highest basic attack range you can get, and her passive is great at poking down enemy laners.

As Malvear pointed out your job is to stay safe and put down sustained damage on the enemy team. Do not overextend, or the enemy assassins will just snuff you out of existence. As a carry your positioning is key.

Mr Dawgason

4 Weeks Ago