I keep losing.....Negative a bad thing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

so i keep playing and i keep losing...
im - 12 now...is that a bad thing?
what should i do? i feel kinda discouraged......
thanks guys

Eviant

08-10-2011

I wouldn't worry about it too much. This game is a team game, meaning sometimes it just can't be helped. You have people making mistakes that you can't control on your team, or their team just has a stronger initiator, Carry, ect.

I would more focus on how well I'm doing, and from there, do what I can to help my team. Attitude and the right focus can easily turn even the worst battles into victories. And even if they don't, you can walk away with the satisfaction that you did the best you could, and that next time, you will know what to do better.

The way I see it is, no matter how good you did in a game, there is always something you can learn. You will make mistakes, in every game, but even more, you can learn what characters work well together, make improvements to builds, perhaps look to last hit a few extra minions, ect. And like I said, some of them really just come down to the opponents have a better team comp than you. Or They had the right ward in the right place. So, as much skill and strategy as this game has, there is always the chance of luck just being the deciding factor

Eyeball27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Just keep at it. Make sure that you choose a champion that benefits your team, not just instalocking your favorite carry. Help your teammates out with advice, call MIAs, and coordinate, coordinate, coordinate!

Flawliss

08-10-2011

Your -12 elo?
Dont get discouraged man, I was doing soooo bad for a long time and dropped from 1536 elo to 755 elo, im slowly crawling back, im at 1015 elo now, just keepyour head up, dont let ppl get to you, and remember, at the end of a day its game have fun

XTreeX

08-10-2011

im not even in ranked yet
i think u got an ELO but not in normal
thanks for the advice guys
will i slowly make my way back to even? (e.g. 62 normal wins and 62 normal losses?)

Lorifel

Recruiter

08-10-2011

Why do you even care about number of won and lost games? You can't always win, you know each game you play 50% of people HAVE to loose it. Besides when you study new champions you do make mistakes, but that's what Normal games are for (after a couple of "vs. AI" games to catch the basics of course).

4DerpDerp

08-10-2011

I would definitely say go play a few Co-op vs AI games if your feeling discouraged. Whenever I go on a bad losing streak I play a few vs bots to get a few laughs and lighten my mood.

On another note, I feel like I go on streaks a lot, some days I just can't lose and others I just can't win, but eventually my record always works itself out again. Don't stress about it.

Roga

08-10-2011

Even win loss ratio is not terrible. 3 things you can focus on to improve your chances and also a good way of determining how well you are playing. These are critical.
1. Look at the tab window every once in a while and see how many creeps you have killed vrs everyone else in the game. Creep kills are critical (especialy early in the game) if your team has half the cs your opponents do you are going to lose. Granted some heros cs a ton (aka malzahar) and some not as well but it is important to get cs. 20 cs is about 1 champion kill so think about that a minite. You must learn to last hit creeps ITS IMPARITIVE!! If you arent at least even with everyone else you need to work on this! (quick tip: noobs auto attack creep, pros only hit on the last hit. This is of course unless the creep wave is getting pushed too far to your tower or you are trying to push the wave to enemy tower quickly and for strategic reasons)
2. 1 death is the same value as 2 kills. (for your champs power). Not dying is extreemly important. id rather go 0-0 than get kills and die at the same time or worse...die more than I get kills. This is unless dying gives your team a tactical advantage for a short time. Chances are you are not good enough yet to know when this is a good idea. Keep in mind not all champs are killers but they arent diers either..lol. (unless you are playing a tank with no one on your team that knows how to do dmg)
3. Know which champs you can play. The ability to do good with a champ is more based on how you play the game and what your opponents/teammates are playing verses how strong the champ is in general. My general advice for noobs (this includes myself sometimes lol) is to play all champs in one class and find the one that works best in each class. Play ammumu alistar malph cho rammus shen scion ect and pick which tank works best for you. Play ashe nidalee teemo yi tryn twitch shacko ect and find which carry you play best. Play soraka oriana sona kayle xilean ect, and see which support you play best. My point being, dont jump around champs thinking if you played poorly it was your fault. It could be that those champs dont fit your play style. Playstyle is not just the type of class you play, but the champ in each type. The flip side...and this is important, dont continue to play heros you suck at. Find a different hero in the same class archetype to play. You may be playing the wrong caster, tank, carry ect. Find the champs you do decent at and learn them well.

Hope this gives you some ideas.wisdom worth remembering.