Weird but fun: AP Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supreme1337

05-07-2010

I was trying out stupid builds today (DPS Alistar, AP Rammus, and AP Trynd) and I actually had a lot of fun playing AP Rammus. The build is simple:

Build
Catalyst of the Protector
Boots of Speed
Catalyst-->Rod of Ages
BoS-->Boots of Mobility
Rylai's Scepter
Void Staff
Zhonya's Ring
Lich Bane

Skills
Q
E
W
Max Q
Max W
Max E
(Obviously level Ult when possible)

Strategy
Find enemies on map
Rush in with Powerball @ 900 movement speed
Activate Ult
Activate Shield Ability (forgot name)
Taunt anyone who tries to run

Comments
With the reckless rushing into team-fights I was dying a lot, but I also got a lost of kills. For example my team all had 5-7 kills with and equal amount of deaths (or slightly less) and I had 15 kills and 16 deaths.

When you work your way up to Zhonya's, you'll be dealing 900+ damage with Powerball

Zidane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

Play AP Blitz, it's surprisingly fun and good.

Yellow Jester

05-07-2010

I love AP blitzcrank.

Supreme1337

05-07-2010

Yeah AP Blitz is fun, but it's pretty common. I don't think anyone uses AP Rammus.

Silverdevilboy

05-07-2010

AP rammus is godly. But grab haunting guise. I've had situations where I had enough returning damage and enough mitigation that them attacking me HEALED me. (obviously not the atk damage carry, but the support/casters I taunt)

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

I was playing a Tank Rammus (Merc Treads and Randuin's Omen whatnot) and fought against an AP Rammus (Sorc Boots and Rod of Ages whatnot). Surprisingly, tank Rammus lost. I thought being a Tank build meant I would outlast the guy but the AP Rammus' spells along with Haunting Guise had enabled him to outlast me.

Supreme1337

05-08-2010

I always have this dilemma because I can't decide whether to get Haunting Guise first, and then get RoA, or to rush Roa. What do you guys think?

True Bandito

05-08-2010

If you did well on your initial laning phase and can buy Catalyst in the first run back, then by allmeans get RoA first. RoA gets better as time goes so getting it early definitely helps. Besides, there is no need for MPen too early if you have Mpen Marks in your red rune slot.

Supreme1337

05-08-2010

I don't have Mpen marks, because I'm still working on filling my Rune page for Udyr (my main), but I will get those as soon as I'm done with Udyr. Is it still worth getting RoA without the runes?

achoo

05-08-2010

Ive been using AP rammus for quite some time now.. definitely very fun and effective build