Leona the Perfect Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Servantofthe99

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibait View Post
well kia you are wrong there Leona's q will be up every 4.2 secs assuming she has max cd, and her ult would be on a 36 sec cd assuming the same bout cd reduction. zenith blade has the same cd as shield of daybreak and eclipse has only a few more secs on its cd
....with a tank build and assuming you have randuins....you get 5% from that....maybe 20% from frozen heart if you get that....where's the rest coming from? cdr runes...for tanks and a caster cdr mastery page?

Kia is right that you're not tanking if you're not taking any damage...and you won't be as leona since people won't care to hit her. amumu and shen are a constant threat...especially with their damage so they either force the team to not bundle up and/or try and take out amumu asap...with leona...not so much.

i don't ever rely on her ult for a cc stun...the area is so small that its not worth it (im not entirely bad with skill shots...but delayed skill shots like that...not so much)..plus the delay is bad. her q is reliable but its ranged and the cd is long...her e is snare so it does help sometimes if someone's running away...though the animation is just sheer stupidity.

i would say taric is much better at being a tank than leona....his stun is long range...plus support stats up the wazoo...

Kiwibait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
....with a tank build and assuming you have randuins....you get 5% from that....maybe 20% from frozen heart if you get that....where's the rest coming from? cdr runes...for tanks and a caster cdr mastery page?

Kia is right that you're not tanking if you're not taking any damage...and you won't be as leona since people won't care to hit her. amumu and shen are a constant threat...especially with their damage so they either force the team to not bundle up and/or try and take out amumu asap...with leona...not so much.

i don't ever rely on her ult for a cc stun...the area is so small that its not worth it (im not entirely bad with skill shots...but delayed skill shots like that...not so much)..plus the delay is bad. her q is reliable but its ranged and the cd is long...her e is snare so it does help sometimes if someone's running away...though the animation is just sheer stupidity.

i would say taric is much better at being a tank than leona....his stun is long range...plus support stats up the wazoo...
did you not see my post after kia's, there is also shurelia's that is a great item for leona.
after that just go tank items

Alithalor

08-12-2011

@Servantofthe99 the fact Tanks like Amumu and Shen are a constant threat because of their Damage is what is wrong with Tanks in this game. If you can take a lot of damage you shouldn't be able to deal a lot of damage. There should be some kind of trade off or what's the point of playing an Assassin, or a Support, etc when you can just play a Tanky DPS and have the best of both worlds. Right now an all Tanky Team will lose to a better heavy CC team but a 4 Tanky DPS team and 1 Ranged Carry will generally win because most Tanky DPS Champions have CC and they are hard enough to kill and enough of a threat that you cannot get to the Carry before you all die.

I think Tanky DPS will really shine in Dominion because if it's anything like WoW AV it's going to be who can hold 3 for the longest so you will need 3 Tanky DPS to hold just long enough for reinforcements and you will have a 2 Champion roaming which will probably be a Tanky DPS and a Support.

rmeofone

08-12-2011

amumu, whos that? the portrait that always is banned and never playable?

sounds like leona is fine kthx

Shinogu

08-12-2011

A tanks role is to be able to take damage for their team.

If they cannot fill this role, they aren't tanking.

In League, being a tank is accomplished in two ways:

1. Having a taunt, or
2. Being enough of a threat that the other team doesn't ignore you (they attack you) when you initiate and you can survive such with a reasonable chance

As is stands now, you can just ignore Leona. She can't kill enemies, and doesn't have a taunt.

Therefore, she isn't taking damage for her team.

The team fights I've been in and many othera say the same thing: You run past Leona and kill her team mates then focus her down after she is the only one left.

At best, she is a nuisance with her CC. But that doesn't achieve the most sought after status affect in the game:

Dead.

If they wanted to make a tough, support character that's fine. But they need to take off the word 'tank' from her description.

A tough Support character is what she is at the moment, not a tank.

Right now, she just doesn't fill the tank role very well, and arguably, her support role is better filled by other characters.

rmeofone

08-12-2011

she can initiate however, and its pretty hard to ignore the initiator.

if every tank character had a taunt, how boring would this game be?

btw, amumu does fine with no taunt, and hes the most OP character in the game

Betrunken Affe

08-12-2011

Super easy to ignore the initiator, after all, they won't do anything for the next 4 seconds after they do that.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

tank wise leona's good at soaking damage but sucks at grabbing attention and cc her ult is weak and aside from that and her 1-2 second stun on her q the enemy team can basicly just ignore her completely destroy the teammates who followed her in and get out taking little to no damage. amumu's the perfect tank. cc great engage huge radius stun and a constant aura for damage making him a threat even as a tank.

Kiwibait

08-12-2011

now i never said she had crazy amounts of damage to make her a threat, i was just pointing out some facts from my personal experience playing her

Grubbsable

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKun View Post
this is not an MMORPG.... while i think that other tanks are TOO POWERFUL Leno is TOO WEAK.

if you REALLY want the LoL tanks to be more like a RPG tank you need to give us all taunts that last for like 30 seconds at least.... and there needs to be a single target taunt and a AOE taunt.

but really even MMORPG tanks do tons of damage now days... hell even the healers do tons of damage these days.
Wtf does this have to do with anything?....