Leona the Perfect Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Servantofthe99

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSkittlez View Post
umm u mention amumu is he the tank u play cuz if so n u cant save allies unles u hav ur ult then u need a new style of play or something cuz i main mumu n let some fool yi try to run past me to get to my mages he will get there with enough hp to die from ONE spell.

id like to know what u do that all these players ignore u do u right click n hope they focus u? have u tried to run past ali u will meet the front of his head n advance in the opposite direction lol

n in what world do u play where squishies r stupid enough to stand still if they see jax, yi or xin jus happily run past u as their LAME tank they dnt run away hen they see that big DANGER sign above xins head lol i mean rly dude cmon jax cant close the gap if tey run then as he is runnin past u shud can att the jax/yi /xin or who ever

lol if u are a tank htt is IGNRED then u dnt do yoru job ep AS AMUMU run past my tears wen they slow u n DRAAIN ur hp see how fast ur screen turns to grey -he has a gap closer too u know Q its a skill shot tho so u gotta practice with it n learn the timing vs diff MS n distances...

leona can also stun jus like mumu she has 2 tho her ult isnt as simple as his but her passive helps ur allies do MORE DMG..
couple of things here....
firstly...it took me about an hour to decipher your english and figure out what you were trying to say...i even had to wear an Indiana Jones hat while doing it.

more importantly....a Yi doesn't have to go past your little mumu...he just alpha strikes to the mage then two shots whomever it is...and jax will just do his q+w then aoe stun then two shot a squishy.

plus...im not sure where you got this...but mumu's tears don't slow unless you have rylais...and im not sure why you would get rylais...for amumu.

the thing is...you can't ignore amumu due to his toggle % damge which constantly is a threat to whoever is near...plus his tantrum gets cdr every time he's hit so he has two constant damage spells which the enemy need to be aware of.

leona has high cooldowns and does absolutely no damage by herself and can't mop up any leftover people very well unlike amumu and other tanks.

and why would you take on a yi as amumu?...with a half decent build....he's going to annihilate you...as with most dps champs.

Ragebeard Manric

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKun View Post
in a PVP game i just get ignored... the other team just runs right by me and kills my team... they usually have very low hp but i still cant kill any one even with a turrets help... amumu or what ever has the same CC and he has damage... and his ult is MUCH bigger and stuns every one in it... and had about the same CD.
im not asking to be like FIng OP majorly needs nerfing Yi, Jax or Xin.. i just want to be able to finish what my team leaves me with when they all get wiped cuz im completely ignorable.
people don't seem to get that tank damage in LoL is part of the malace/agro effect they have on players.
To be fair, the CD on Leona's ult is like half of Amumu's.

Finanzamt

08-10-2011

are there any hidden buffs like base stats or anything?

if not:

she still can't jungle
she is still not able to hold a solo lane properly
support + her at bot gets destroyed by support + carry
carry + her as babysitter at bot works quite well (but then she is A SUPPORT not a real tank)

so if thats perfect for you, then it must be perfect :>

Mephew

08-10-2011

IF i were to want other tanks be as powerful as a specific tank, I would want them to be as powerful as amumu or rammus. Leona is actually pretty balanced imo

KiaKun

08-10-2011

FINALLY people are starting to THINK.

i hate when people answer just "oh just CC them" or other stupid stuff like that... any way back on topic.

"Leona is great in her role" ... what is her role to you?... for me her role is to tank...... but you ARE NOT tanking if you are not the one taking the damage for the team.
if the team is already dead by the time you die (at your own turret with full hp with out taking any one with you) then you are not tanking.

her ult has soo much range?.... um the range on it is about the size of amumus ult... have you ever played lux?... now that is range.
(and the only damage lux really has... but she has a ton of CC to make up for it so it is okish)

"To be fair, the CD on Leona's ult is like half of Amumu's"..... more like 1/4 and then only 1/5 of her ult is a stun.

oh and i almost forgot... "she has 2 hard CCs"... this counts her ult as a hard CC and it goes off every 60 seconds at lvl 3.. also it is hard to land (the stun) and most the time only slows... a lot of the time you are faced with stun one person or slow the whole team to let your allies exape.... really she only has 1 good CC... and it is up every what 6 seconds?... team fights last maybe 8-10 seconds?

Kiwibait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

well kia you are wrong there Leona's q will be up every 4.2 secs assuming she has max cd, and her ult would be on a 36 sec cd assuming the same bout cd reduction. zenith blade has the same cd as shield of daybreak and eclipse has only a few more secs on its cd

KiaKun

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibait View Post
well kia you are wrong there Leona's q will be up every 4.2 secs assuming she has max cd, and her ult would be on a 36 sec cd assuming the same bout cd reduction. zenith blade has the same cd as shield of daybreak and eclipse has only a few more secs on its cd
why would any one build like that?.... if you don't go tank items you REALLY lose out on a LOT of def... just so you can stun 3 times in a fight.

Kiwibait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

first off leona is actually very tanky, without any items runes or masteries at lvl 1 she has

hp 430
hp per lvl 87
hp regen 9
hp regen per lvl .85
armor 18
armor per lvl 3.1

verses rammus who has

hp 420
hp per lvl 86
hp regen 5
hp regen per lvl .55
armor 21
armor per lvl 3.8

and second not true shurelya's, randuin's, and frozen heart give you max cd without taking away from your tankyness, and give really nice utility might i add. after that my build differs depending on what kind of team im facing

SethCypher

08-11-2011

Quote:
Just curious, how many times have you had full CDR on Leona? The easiest for her to get is 30% which brings her Q to 4.9 seconds. Its not bad nor is it extremely good, its adequate. I honestly don't want a tank that can stun me every 2 seconds the moment I get near them.

EnigmaEssence

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKun View Post
in a PVP game i just get ignored... the other team just runs right by me and kills my team... they usually have very low hp but i still cant kill any one even with a turrets help... amumu or what ever has the same CC and he has damage... and his ult is MUCH bigger and stuns every one in it... and had about the same CD.
im not asking to be like FIng OP majorly needs nerfing Yi, Jax or Xin.. i just want to be able to finish what my team leaves me with when they all get wiped cuz im completely ignorable.
people don't seem to get that tank damage in LoL is part of the malace/agro effect they have on players.
hey guess what? Amumu doesn't stun. Learn to play. He immobilizes. That does nothing to shut down the damage output of a team just stops them from running.