Leona the Perfect Tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alithalor

08-09-2011

She is pretty much perfect right now. She should be the paragon that all other Tanks should be modeled after.

FidX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

****ing fix shen god ****it.

KiaKun

08-09-2011

this is not an MMORPG.... while i think that other tanks are TOO POWERFUL Leno is TOO WEAK.

if you REALLY want the LoL tanks to be more like a RPG tank you need to give us all taunts that last for like 30 seconds at least.... and there needs to be a single target taunt and a AOE taunt.

but really even MMORPG tanks do tons of damage now days... hell even the healers do tons of damage these days.

Alithalor

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKun View Post
this is not an MMORPG.... while i think that other tanks are TOO POWERFUL Leno is TOO WEAK.

if you REALLY want the LoL tanks to be more like a RPG tank you need to give us all taunts that last for like 30 seconds at least.... and there needs to be a single target taunt and a AOE taunt.

but really even MMORPG tanks do tons of damage now days... hell even the healers do tons of damage these days.
... OmG BuFf AP OMG OMG OMG NoWz foR GREaT JuSTIcE!!! Leona is perfect because she doesn't do very much damage but she has a lot of CC and survive decently with just a few Items. She's all about helping her team gain advantage. You aren't there to get the kills, you are there to setup the kills for your Carries and Teammates. That's what makes her a perfect Tank. Damage has nothing to do with what a Tank in this game should do. A Tank in this game should be able to Take a lot of Damage through Items and Abilities and control a fight through CC (TAUNT, is not the only form of CC. Even if this was an MMO like WoW Stunning was also a very important Ability for their Tanks).

KiaKun

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithalor View Post
... OmG BuFf AP OMG OMG OMG NoWz foR GREaT JuSTIcE!!! Leona is perfect because she doesn't do very much damage but she has a lot of CC and survive decently with just a few Items. She's all about helping her team gain advantage. You aren't there to get the kills, you are there to setup the kills for your Carries and Teammates. That's what makes her a perfect Tank. Damage has nothing to do with what a Tank in this game should do. A Tank in this game should be able to Take a lot of Damage through Items and Abilities and control a fight through CC (TAUNT, is not the only form of CC. Even if this was an MMO like WoW Stunning was also a very important Ability for their Tanks).
in a PVP game i just get ignored... the other team just runs right by me and kills my team... they usually have very low hp but i still cant kill any one even with a turrets help... amumu or what ever has the same CC and he has damage... and his ult is MUCH bigger and stuns every one in it... and had about the same CD.
im not asking to be like FIng OP majorly needs nerfing Yi, Jax or Xin.. i just want to be able to finish what my team leaves me with when they all get wiped cuz im completely ignorable.
people don't seem to get that tank damage in LoL is part of the malace/agro effect they have on players.

TaikeiNoYuurei

08-09-2011

Quote:
in a PVP game i just get ignored... the other team just runs right by me and kills my team... they usually have very low hp but i still cant kill any one even with a turrets help... amumu or what ever has the same CC and he has damage... and his ult is MUCH bigger and stuns every one in it... and had about the same CD.
im not asking to be like FIng OP majorly needs nerfing Yi, Jax or Xin.. i just want to be able to finish what my team leaves me with when they all get wiped cuz im completely ignorable.
people don't seem to get that tank damage in LoL is part of the malace/agro effect they have on players.
I have to agree. Leona is a good tank, or would be if she weren't quite so easy to ignore. She doesn't have any persistent effects like most other tanks, which seems to be her main problem. I wrote a big post about it here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post12688004

DSkittlez

08-09-2011

Quote:
umm u mention amumu is he the tank u play cuz if so n u cant save allies unles u hav ur ult then u need a new style of play or something cuz i main mumu n let some fool yi try to run past me to get to my mages he will get there with enough hp to die from ONE spell.

id like to know what u do that all these players ignore u do u right click n hope they focus u? have u tried to run past ali u will meet the front of his head n advance in the opposite direction lol

n in what world do u play where squishies r stupid enough to stand still if they see jax, yi or xin jus happily run past u as their LAME tank they dnt run away hen they see that big DANGER sign above xins head lol i mean rly dude cmon jax cant close the gap if tey run then as he is runnin past u shud can att the jax/yi /xin or who ever

lol if u are a tank htt is IGNRED then u dnt do yoru job ep AS AMUMU run past my tears wen they slow u n DRAAIN ur hp see how fast ur screen turns to grey -he has a gap closer too u know Q its a skill shot tho so u gotta practice with it n learn the timing vs diff MS n distances...

leona can also stun jus like mumu she has 2 tho her ult isnt as simple as his but her passive helps ur allies do MORE DMG..

Fevered Head Bob

08-09-2011

You know what i find fun while playing Leona. I lane with a damage dealer that has another stun, like Pantheon. Once level 6 arrives, that person is not moving for a while. So much CC!

DSkittlez

08-09-2011

heh funny thing about her is thather ULTI has Sooo much range there are times when u dont even need the stun on it lol as the slow n dmg are enough

Cloud Potato

08-10-2011

Leona is great in her role. It's kinda a shame she's shoehorned into it though, but she does what she does well. I don't think she outdoes Amumu enough to be worth picking over him though. At least not in general.