[Guide]Garen The durable destroyer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thunion

05-07-2010

Introducion
Hello this is my guide for garen first guide i ever writed.I tryed other guides but those just wasnt for me i die to much in start so if there is any aggresive player that mostly ends game with garen with alots of deahts it is build for you.

Skills:

Quote:
Passive: Perseverance - After 7 seconds of not taking damage, Garen regenerates .6% of his HP / second.
Amazing passive i use it alot in my build

-

Quote:
Q: Decisive Strike (Active) - Garen's speed is increased for the next 2.5 seconds, and his next attack deals bonus damage + silences the enemy target for 2.5 seconds.

Damage: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120

Movement Speed: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35

Cooldown: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
Amazing silence however i am hardly disappointed with movment speed.

-

Quote:
W: Courage (Passive) - Garen's armor and magic resist are permanently increased by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit. (Active) - Garen is surrounded by a defensive shield that reduces all incoming damage by 35% for the next few seconds.

Max. Stacks: 14 / 28 / 42 / 56 / 70

Cooldown: 30 / 27 / 24 / 21 / 18

Duration: 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4
Amzing still for getting some mr and armor also active can save your life countless times.
-

Quote:
E: Judgement (Active) - Garen spins in a whirlwind with his blade for several seconds, dealing damage to all nearby enemies every 0.5 seconds. Deals half damage to minions.

Damage: 15 / 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 + 35% of Attack Damage

Cooldown: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11
Main skill in my build destroyed many lifes with it..

-

Quote:
R: Demacian Justice (Active) - Garen brings down Demacian Justice on his opponent, dealing massive amounts of damage, plus additional 1 damage for health his opponent has already lost.

Damage: 175 / 350 / 525

Extra Damage: 1 per 3.5/3/2.5 health missing

Cooldown: 140 / 120 / 100

Execution no more words needed.

Runes:
Personaly i dont use them couse i spending all ip on champs but i would use crit dmg,cri chance and armor peneration.

Skills:
Ignite: amazing skill with my build couse you wnot do any serius dmg at start so you need somthin to harrass people before EXECUTION

Exhaus/Ghost-Garen need slow,speed alots he got no speed up(Decisive Strike doesnt count) and no good ranged slow also no stun or somthing.

Masteries:
21/0/9
Why no in defence? since i dont use any dodge runes there is no point in speed up after dodgin and bonus health regen gives some bonus to garens passive and bonus exp and gold are really good.

Item build:

1Ruby Crystal
2Phage
3Avaric blade
4Boots of speed
5Youmuu's Ghostblade
6Boots of swiftness/Mercury threads*
7Frozen mallet
8Bloodthrister/Infinity edge**
9Infinity edge/Phantom dancer

*-If they got alots of stuns,slows take this
**-If you doint dieng mutch get Bloodthrister

Ruby crystal is best starting item for garen in my opinion couse it perfectly syenergies with his passive giving you bonus health and as i counted about 4bonus health regen when out of combat for 7s.
Frozen mallet is VERY important couse two things first of all it is slow.Belive me to much times i got runing after someone hiting him some times but he still escaped... Now you hit runner and click E to finish him
Other thing why frozen mallet is so important is as i spoted garen dies TO fast if you team isint good enought to finish them of quickly that 700 bonus hp gived me alots of kills
I dont think that need to explain other items that are in the build.

Skill List:
E
Q
E
W
E
R
E
W
E
W
R
W
W
Q
Q
R
Q
Q

Early game:
My style of playng is mostly harrasing when i hit lv two i usualy do this-If they got malee not very healable champion i use q silence him and E they usually run and then i just attack minion play a aggresively until get hp halved then i get back to tower wait until i got about 80-90proc hp and then run into fight again.When i got execute and harrased opponents to about 70proc hp hiting lower one with all i got and finish up with execute(of course not near tower) of course you will need you partner help and dont risk to much dont run after someone behind his minions to much-sometimes minions can provide a serius threat
Mid game:
It should be more of team fights in team fight it is simple just wait someone initiates and when yopu see you got a chance to win team fight get in q someone turn on W and hit E By hardly hiting whole enemy team then all what left kill low hp champ with execute it would be the bes if you use it on tank.By the way remember it is VERY STUPID to hit champ with more then 70 proc hp with execute unless you see you are going to die soon and you allies need to get any assist they can get.
Late game:
Now you should be a killing mashine just the same as mid game but more destructive.

Comment please.