Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zilean Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragmar

05-07-2010

So I play alot of Ryze/Singed, Mostly because I find they are good on most teams. Not to often is it a bad thing to have MORE Burst to really sway team fights with Ryze. Or In Signed case, having someone who can initiate tank and dps never hurts either.

With Zilean If i play him alot will I have the problem where I not should pick him, because it is just a horrible team setup?

xahhfink6

05-07-2010

It will be rare that you have this problem, because zilean is strange in that he fill two different roles during different parts of the game...

At the beginning thru midgame, he is a nuker like ryze/annie/etc and will be able to put out huge damage that way, but at the end of the game he doesnt scale quite well enough to be an end-game caster carry (like karthus, kennen, Anivia) and becomes a support role, making your dps chars unkillable.

Basically, he will work on almost any team because every team has at least one DPS character (meaning having zilean is a good thing) and he can still fulfill the mage roll for your team if there is none

Xirus

Recruiter

05-07-2010

You'll run into games where you don't have a tank on SR, and sometimes no physical on TT. *Very* occaisionally you'll run into games without a carry on SR. So for the most part, you fit in anywhere.

Edit: Eh... Really shouldn't take zilean if there's another caster on TT.

SilvrChaos

05-07-2010

What xahhfink said. Zilean is a support champ first and foremost, and there's almost always room for a support on any team.